Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts
Boys and girls....quit waiting and get your ass out there. They are out in Northeast ,Nebraska. You can believe me...or not. All i know is that i'll be eating morels tonight. I picked at least 4 pounds. I wasn't going to go yet, but i saw a lady post her find on facebook. Shit is real.

I agree with you guys. I walked one of my proven areas this afternoon and saw nothing. However, on Sunday I was at a new place and took a mid afternoon soil temp of 58, 4 inches down in a clearing, and 56, 4 inches down in the shaded covered areas.

And for the video on 'Nebraska through the lens', I'm almost positive that lady added her voice to the video, as a true morel hunter would be a little more excited. It sounds way too scripted and there is no change in voice volume or tone as she moves around. Sounds like shes sitting down and rehearsed.

Spent about 3 hours in the woods today checked some banks with silty sandy soil and direct sunlight that produced good last year still nothing the mayflowers are coming up the only fungus I found at all where some old puff things not sure what they are the look like at sponge and when poked a clound of spore goes everywhere.

oklanebrkatt : You stumbled across some old puff ball mushrooms. Puff balls are actually really good eating, at their edible state they are bright white and can be found by the hundreds as small as a pea and as big as a basketball! The inside resembles angel food cake and I want to say there are 2 or 3 edible strains in Nebraska. We have always pan fried in butter and eat em' like popcorn. Hopefully you found "puffin" the spores exciting and aided the spread of spores for future growth. As a kid we used to puff them with the toe of our shoes...encourage your kids(if you have them critters) to puff and spread em!

Found a few yesterday morning. Very very small. Pencil eraser size. northeast nebraska will be hot this weekend. Good call pacman mike. We must have good eyes or something. Everyone else is busy whining on their phone about how they can't find em!!

GOLDEN MOREL......This week they will explode!!! I didn't have any luck along the river. It just looks too soon out in the trees along the river. My shelter belt is full of them. Always a week,or so sooner, than along the river. The ground temp is 55 degrees here. The 100 miles north every week doesn't always hold true. Especially when we had upper 80's and 2 days in the 90's in March. Throw that bullshit out the window. 2 or 3 years ago, a buyer of mine, who has been buying shrooms for over 30 years, said it was the first year since he started buying shrooms, that he was buying them from 5 different states on the same day. Obviously, he had helpers. I know how good your eye is, GOLDEN MOREL. Mine are getting older.

Hey there to all! Just got off work lil early to go out for a bit,and thought id jump online(as I do nightly)to see if anybody's had much luck/if any at all here in Neb.(particularly eastern parts of the state). My 15yr old daughter and i have been out a couple times now this season and havent seen nothing. I thought we'd see something for sure yesterday but nota thing and we hunted a few of our prime spots from rite around 7:00am till about 4:00 or so,and still got skunked. Supposedly there's been a couple people that of found some in the eastern part of Neb.but i don't know that anythings been confirmed/well atleast a honest,100% solid confirmation. I'd love to know whats up tho,so please post a message,and I'll post a message tonite letting you know how i did too. Thanks,be safe,and the best of luck to all you guys!

We are finding them in Northeast,Ne. The Norfolk area. I've been called about every name in the book,monboyzz1979. My proof to you is only my word. Jesus is my witness, along with 2 fellow hunters that are pissed at me for posting the one picture i did. Like i told them...no one will believe me anyway. I found a spot about 35 years ago that seems to pop a week or so sooner then those along the river. I hunted along the Elkhorn yesterday,but nothing there.

Mike I hope your not talking about me and if you are then you must have read my txt wrong. I'm not pissed or mad or anything like that like I said before I was just skeptical. No one on this site should have to prove themselves. So I'm sorry if you took me wrong. If God is your witness then you will be fine. It's only by his grace that we are blessed with these wonderful morels.

Discussion starter · #79 ·
Must be a bit early yet on the Platte because I have been out there several times including today and still came up empty handed. You guys who have such early spots are sure lucky ducks. With the forecast looking much cooler over the next week I wonder how long it will be until they pop on the Platte.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.