Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts
The more I read this forum the more I don't care to read this forum. PackMan Mike you appear to be of age not to engage in this childish bickering. Refrain from even feeding into everyone else questioning what you have found and what you have not found. I understand that emotions come into play and you don't want people thinking you are a liar but seriously bro, I'm 28 years old and my maturity level far exceeds the level of behavior you have brought to this forum. Yes Mike, you come off as if you are bragging. I'm not here to start another war with you I just want you to understand from an outside perspective that you have a tendency to get aggravated with others and it's not fair for the other readers whom utilize this forum to talk mushrooms not B.S. I would LOVE to see everyone post unique photos of finds whether it morels, oysters, puffballs, meadow, honey, hen of the woods, shelf, non-edibles, neat trees/plants/streams/animals/flowers, rusty antiques you name it! If you are out hunting just to find mushrooms and not to enjoy the beauty of nature than you don't understand the sport. I myself believe that mushroom hunting is a therapy for all of us to get out of the hectic society we live in and just go enjoy peace and serenity. So please, EVERYONE (not just you Mike) let's refocus our energy into positivity and not continue to ruin the excitement of hunting for us and the future generations. Money/Greed has nearly destroyed this sport for people like me who has NEVER sold a mushroom for money. Again, I am not here to argue with anyone and Mike I see you have turned a page and made amends with anyone willing to listen so kudos to you. Happy Hunting to all!

Went through two-rivers yesterday for 40 minutes, no signs yet, lots of people out looking though, might hit it again tonight to see if anythings popping and take the dog for a run. FYI 2 rivers is about 15 miles west of Omaha on the Platte, my cousin lives on the Elkhorn and he says usually once the Platte starts its about 1-2 weeks then they start hitting on the Elkhorn. Wish you all luck. METALMOVER

I went out yesterday near Elkhorn river and hardly any, the few that were there were too tiny to take (at least for me) however a few guys ended up picking the pea to dime size morels. My question is would any of you have taken the out of the woods? I am serious they were incredibly small.

I guess it would depend on how many little ones I found. If I could find a pound of em yeah, then Id make Morcargo, or a smoked Gouda morel soup, if I only found five Id probably give them to someone else that had a few, and hope it comes around to me someday...

Morelmistress, yes, I pick those little babies! I've come across areas in the past that yields 50 to 100 of them... About a cup. LOL. BUT... there are only 4 people in my family and making up some mushroom and cheese Omelets for Sunday morning breakfast Is a real treat, even if each person only gets 1/4 cup in their omelet. They are fresh, clean and free of bugs usually, and well, just plain awesome!

sorry coordinates are never given

They are out there folks, slow down, slow down, slow down. Know folks all over state finding them.
Warmest areas first!! :)
http://www.greencastonline.com/tools/soiltempmaps.aspx
This map is always good to watch.
Happy Hunting!

Discussion starter · #90 ·
I don't know where you guys are finding mushrooms that big already but I have been out on the Platte several times including today and still don't have anything to show for it. I thought for sure I would find some small ones but got completely shut out again. The soil still seems rather cool so idk.

Good grief Wilderness woman! I haven't seen clusters like that since NDOR was building the I-80 / I-680 Interchange bridges back in the 90's! Excellent find! I hope and pray I hit my spots on Saturday and they are loaded like that. Ill walk for miles just to hit a couple good groupings of em. Bah... two more days... two more days!!! Cmon Heat MAKE EM RISE!

Discussion starter · #92 ·
Rain Rain and more Rain the next 3 days. Some places will get well over 2 inches. This will be one heck of a soaking. Hopefully this will provide a huge crop in a week or so. Sadly the heat will not be checking in. Next week will actually be pretty chilly. Hopefully the ground is warmed up just enough by then. I think this weekend especially Sunday could be the time to go.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.