Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Probably a Gynomitra like geo said. Some call them beefsteak although if you google beefsteak they look completely different! My father in law was eating them so I did some research and found out they contain something similar to to monomethylhydrazine (rocket fuel), which inhibits pyridoxal-5-phosphate, required cofactor for production of neurotransmitter GABA. I believe it can be reconstituted after digesting even after being cooked. Not worth it.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Probably a Gynomitra like geo said. Some call them beefsteak although if you google beefsteak they look completely different! My father in law was eating them so I did some research and found out they contain something similar to to monomethylhydrazine (rocket fuel), which inhibits pyridoxal-5-phosphate, required cofactor for production of neurotransmitter GABA. I believe it can be reconstituted after digesting even after being cooked. Not worth it.
Good reply! Also Beefsteak Morel not to be confused with Beefsteak Fungus ( Fistulina hepatica )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts