1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Need I.D. help please

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by Earthwalkr, Aug 30, 2017.

1. ?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. austin

austin Administrator Staff Member

Did you mean to add a poll to this thread? For the record, you don't have to unless you want to.

If you need a hand figuring out the software please let me know. I'm happy to help.

2. Earthwalkr

Earthwalkr Morel Enthusiast

Did not mean to add pole. Also didn't mean to post all the repeat pics. Thanks for the offer, will be working on it later this eve. Gonna get rid of the repeat pics also.

3. trahn008

trahn008 Morel Connoisseur

Looks like morels to me. If you didn't make them and stick them in your garden... they are morels. They are really white. What is your location??

4. jack

jack Administrator Staff Member

I believe you live in Ohio and not Cali. So they most likely are Stinkhorns Phallus impudicus There is a Morel in California, Oregon and parts of Mexico that fruits year round called the Landscape Morel ( Morchella rufobrunnea ) It has also appeared in Mid Michigan in October. I can't see the top but it should have an opening on it.

5. Earthwalkr

You are on to me. I live in Montgomery county and made these myself from actual shrooms I found this spring.

1 person likes this.
  6. jack

Good job Dave on the sculptures ! I made some last winter while I was bored waiting for the Ice. Guess I should have called the ones you made Morchella esculentoides or M. cryptica....LOL IMGP0952.JPG IMGP0956.JPG IMGP0958.JPG PIC_0120.jpg These last ones are REAL Morchella esculentoides. I find them by one particular Ash every year.

1 person likes this.
  7. jack

Dave, how's you cat doing ? Do you still have him / her ?

8. Earthwalkr

The cat is doing good. She was adopted by neighbors who just moved a couple months ago and took her with them.

1 person likes this.
  9. trahn008

trahn008 Morel Connoisseur

Nice work guys!!! What did you make them out of?

10. jack

I made mine out of Cold Porcelain ( a video on youtube ) but I would use real Polymer Clay when I do it again. After a month or so the cold porcelain started cracking bad.Not real bad on the Morels but really bad on the gilled mushrooms. It's worth the money to by Polymer Clay, it's not expensive and it won't crack.

11. Earthwalkr

I used platinum grade silicone mix. Thinned it to reduce viscosity, then poured it around the shrooms. After the silicone set, I split the molds in half, removed the shrooms and scrubbed the mold pores with a soft bristle tooth brush. Did the pour with a rapid set low viscosity resin. Now I need to figure the best way to paint them.

1 person likes this.