Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good for you!

The 2 on the right look like Verpa bohemica. Another Verpa, or false morel, and should not be eaten. And I have found both kinds of Verpa where I've also found yellows.
Hopefully the yellows will be up there soon. I'll go back once some yellow finds are happening

·
Registered
582 Posts
Your first picture is Verpa Conica and the second picture is Verpa bohemica. Depending on which book you use will depend on the edibility . I have eaten Verpa bohemica all my life with no ill effects. However, some people have an allergic reaction to Verpa bohemica. David Arora states there have been more Gastric upsets from Black Morels than from Verpas. There was a long discussion by several Mycologists on this subject on Facebook.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Went back to this patch today and didn't find any morels here yet, did however find 3 more patches of the verpa conica.

I actually found 2 blondes at the base of a ladder stand. Looked all around and didn't find any others??

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would go with the verpa conica and verpa bohemica as stated already and most consider them both to be "false morels" and sometimes called "early morels" some have eaten them and say no ill effects but I would not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts