Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mahoning Co. If the weather cooperates tomorrow we're going to take my buddy's German Shorthair for a run at the club and poke around in some new areas. I don't expect to find anything, it's a scouting trip. Crocuses have bloomed, but not daffodils. No forsythia or dandelions yet, so it's still early. We just need to get out and blow the stink off!

·
Registered
5 Posts
With this weeks weather, we should see Morels poppin up in 5-10 days..pending the nights. I only found 5lbs last year..but found 80lbs of Chanterelles... Summit County

·
Registered
212 Posts
I am in Geauga/Cuyahoga

I have found black trumpets in NE ohio. Same areas as chants. Found mine growing right out of the moss and down a dirt hillside in a chant area.

·
Registered
212 Posts
BTW with the trumpets.... Absolutely the hardest mushroom to see. I was literally walking all over them for two days before I even noticed them. They are basically invisible. Get low and look for the outline. They are so black they just vanish.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm in East Palestine Ohio, Columbiana County I also hunt over in Beaver, and Lawrence Counties in Pa. Good luck fellow hunters, I'll give and update tomorrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well... Ramps are up and plenty of them. With it Drying off The rest of today, Dry warm weather Sat & Full sun on sunday..I think that Sunday is going to be a good first day to find morels!!! Ive got Mushroom fever.

Anyone tell me how to change this cartoon pic profile ?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 198 Posts