Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've hunted for mushrooms before when I lived in Iowa but now that I moved here the weather is a bit different so I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong or what but I haven't had any luck for 2 years.. any suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in UC. Found over 800 last year and over 1000 the year before. They were everywhere but I finally figured them out! Found about 120 yesterday. Where exactly are you hunting? Also here they don't grow long and you have to hit the places as the soil temp gets right for them to grow. That will take a little common sense so got that you'll be fine. I've found that about 57 degrees they start or first pic on facebook works too. Are you physically capable of getting around pretty well? Not like walk around wal mart but handle hills, creeks, logs, and swing a machete or just tough it through briars? Around here that's what you're gonna need to do to find them. Think about where you found them in iowa. Now forget that because you're in Tennessee!. Lol just kiddin Walk wooded creeks starting Sunday. Not creeks in the woods but ones that go through fields. They're just now starting to come up on them, should be right then. Just takes time to figure them out but you'll get it if you really want to around here folks don't tell much of what they really know because season is real short and around here if you take a man fishin that man will be fishin in your spot the next day with his buddies! Right now if you want them all I can tell you is hit the woods and cover some ground working the top of a ridge to the bottom. Also on the most part they're small unlike Iowa. Good luck and hope you find some. Let me know if the creek bank doesn't produce and I may lead you to a couple just so you find some. Lol what I found yesterdayin a few hours.content://media/external/file/1015

1 - 2 of 2 Posts