Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morel Hunting in the Mountains. I'm starting to propagate Morels at 7,600 feet in the Manzana Mountains. Anybody have any experience with morels in this area?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Morel Hunting in the Mountains. I'm starting to propagate Morels at 7,600 feet in the Manzana Mountains. Anybody have any experience with morels in this area?
How is it going with propigating morels? I live in northern NM at 8000 and would like to try, but I think it might just be too arid here. I have heard they will grow on cottonwood chips so it might be possible if I could create the right growing conditions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you find out, please let me know! Would love to find some. I live in Santa Fe.
Supposedly they are in the mountains!
How is it going with propigating morels? I live in northern NM at 8000 and would like to try, but I think it might just be too arid here. I have heard they will grow on cottonwood chips so it might be possible if I could create the right growing conditions.
Well, the squirrels up here LOVE morels and morel spore!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you find out, please let me know! Would love to find some. I live in Santa Fe.
I'll check out what's up with Santa Fe. Morels need 3 days of 70 degree weather in the daytime and 50 degree weather at night to pop. The 50 degree weather at night is a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts