Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I grew up hunting morels in MI, but the forests here look different. We now live in Cumberland county and there's mostly oaks. Will I find morels here?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I grew up hunting morels in MI, but the forests here look different. We now live in Cumberland county and there's mostly oaks. Will I find morels here?
Hi I too live in Cumberland county Tn. I moved from Michigan 20 years ago. They are here! being on the plateau is different though.. we are also a little later. You need to check around streams and go up the bank. Look for thickets of honey suckle, Black gum tree they will have the spiky ball seed pods around them, popular trees....though haven't had the luck but everyone says go to them. I've heard apple trees. I don't think we have Elm trees on the plateau. and most of all hunt hills that slope to a stream and the woods are mostly hardwood. I don't see anything around pines. By the way my name is Jeff good Luck. Check Fairfield Glade its a pretty good area and lots of vacant lots.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi I too live in Cumberland county Tn. I moved from Michigan 20 years ago. They are here! being on the plateau is different though.. we are also a little later. You need to check around streams and go up the bank. Look for thickets of honey suckle, Black gum tree they will have the spiky ball seed pods around them, popular trees....though haven't had the luck but everyone says go to them. I've heard apple trees. I don't think we have Elm trees on the plateau. and most of all hunt hills that slope to a stream and the woods are mostly hardwood. I don't see anything around pines. By the way my name is Jeff good Luck. Check Fairfield Glade its a pretty good area and lots of vacant lots.
Thanks for your reply. We live in Fairfield Glade, but don't see honeysuckle or elm here....seems almost all oak. And lots and lots of leaves! In MI, used to find them in old apple orchards and around aspen, poplar type trees. I grew up in Ludington...where are you from? My name is Connie.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My name is Jeff I live in the south part of the county and spend time in Cumberland Cove. Also check sycamores near streams. I used to get some in Fairfield in someones yard, It was in the trailer park there in Fairfield.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts