1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie Question

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by ronmissy, Apr 25, 2013.

1. ronmissy

ronmissy Young Morel

Went tonight for the first time and found 7 really little ones..like 3/4 inches to a inches in height..how long do they take to mature to edible size..any help would really be appreciated..Thanks.

2. breezie5353

breezie5353 Morel Enthusiast

they are edible as soon as they pop out of the ground :)

3. blindin1i

blindin1i Morel Enthusiast

Pick them small and put them on a pizza! Let them grow and you can have a nice sandwich!

4. ronmissy

ronmissy Young Morel

Im not really sure what ones I found..Im about a hour north of Williamsport..They are brown in color..I will see if i can get a picture of them tomorrow night..I believeI will let them grow a few more days just see what they do...Thanks

5. b-rock

b-rock Morel Enthusiast

Ronmissy, they will grow to full size in 1-3 weeks. Personally if you don't have to worry about someone else picking them, I would let them grow for a few days and see how big they get. When they look like they aren't getting any bigger, time to cut them! Do not pull them out completely or you will break the root chain. Either pinch or cut the stem