1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

night hunting?

Discussion in 'Indiana' started by nene1972, May 4, 2014.

1. nene1972

nene1972 Morel Enthusiast

ok so a lot of people around my area are saying they are finding mushrooms at night. I have been hunting mushrooms for over 30 years started at age 6. (I got better with age) I have never hunted at night. What are your thoughts? Easier at night because your focus area is smaller?

2. 357magnum

357magnum Morel Enthusiast

if you want to trample your hunting grounds blindly, go for it!

3. evolouie

evolouie Morel Enthusiast

I'm thinking the only way night hunting would be any good is with a very expensive infra-red night vision set-up.
    The Mushrooms are always cooler than the surrounding foliage, so maybe looking for cold spots would find you a few?......
    LOL I'll stick to the daytime hunts for now.

4. wizardscycle

wizardscycle Morel Enthusiast

haha reminds me of a time when I took my drunk of a neighbor out for a hunt at nite
    no shrooms, but had a blast walkin along the top of the ridge watching my buddie fall up & down the hills
    at one time I had to go down a hill to help dragg his PLASTERED azz up to the top, and yea now we are both
    falling azz over tea kettle back down to the bottom. O to be young again

5. nene1972

nene1972 Morel Enthusiast

wizardscycle that is hilarious! got a good chuckle out of that Thanks! :lol: