NJ Peeps - Where Are You?

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by brandilippincott, Apr 7, 2015.

1. dberry78

dberry78 Morel Enthusiast

Warren county. Looked around probably 200 huge tulip poplars. As I was on my way out I checked one more that had some dead bark missing off the side and low and behold, my first 9 morels. I checked a place this morning close to the house where I know there are some tulip poplars and found 2 giant blonde morels. My three year total has now spiked from 0 to 11 in the last 2 days.

2. dberry78

dberry78 Morel Enthusiast

My question to the experienced people, would it be worth checking the same spot in a week to see if more grew? It's a bit of a drive and a hike to get to where I found them...

3. a_werth

a_werth Young Morel

Hello all, new to hunting. I think I found my first in Warren County as well. Wondering if I am headed in the right direction or if this is a false. Please let me know. Thanks!!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
    Justina likes this.
  4. hossler59

hossler59 Morel Enthusiast

Absolutely dberry78!!
    I found 9 on Thursday, but the were pretty dried out.
    I think we are about done for this year.

5. hossler59

hossler59 Morel Enthusiast

A. Werth, that is not a false morel!!
    Congrats!

6. dmyco773

dmyco773 Young Morel

I'm hoping I'm not to late out here in Warren county, but I feel like they should be out there tomorrow. With the weather we've had.

7. simon

simon Morel Enthusiast

Hi all,

Anybody know anything about good places to look for Chanterelle's in NJ? I've read that Oak and Beech are good trees to look for. I've also heard Hemlock is good. Anyone have any experience looking in our area?