Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
These were fully matured morels. Wasn't out there picking babies. Had to cover a little more ground than normal but they are out. You just need to really check the right places The morels do not seem to mind this weather at all. These were found almost within Omaha city limits. Thats as east as she gets...

]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Jesusmeatball...are you going out Sunday at all? I think we met at this spot last year. The ground looked the part last Sunday but I felt like I was just a day or two early. I found some arial maps from 1951 depicting the land, it's remained relatively unchanged but it does indicate some low spots that I think would be worth targeting. Lemme know if you are headed out Sunday and I'll keep an eye out for yah.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I should be out Sunday with the wife. These are definitely the early ones so I am pretty excited to see how the main flush will be. I think it is going to be one of the better years in a while. Only thing that sucks is the ground cover has gotten a pretty good head start. The nettles are already as big as they typically are at the very end of a typical morel season. See ya out there bud.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey meatball, didn't make it out Sunday, went fishing instead but did manage 3 on the island. Hopefully you made it out and if so...post some pics!

·
Registered
18 Posts
UPDATE: Went out 4/28 and walked for 2.5hours to find 15. Mostly yellows and 50/50 new & old. I think my/our area is a late bloomer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts