NORTH EAST KS 2015

Discussion in 'Kansas' started by kindbud96, Mar 25, 2015.

1. kindbud96

kindbud96 Morel Enthusiast

Hopefully as soon as the temps warm up a little more they will be popping because we definitely have enough rain its raining as I speak I'm going to try this weekend for the hell of it already been out 3 times last week I just can't wait much longer like waiting for Christmas lol

2. kindbud96

I think Tuesday and Wednesday next week will be the days to find them the highs will be in the mid 70s and lows mid 40s and should have enough moisture hopefully

3. kawvalleyshrooms

kawvalleyshrooms Morel Enthusiast

4. k_statealan

k_statealan Young Morel

The reports on the Oklahoma board don't talk about anything north of OKC yet. Probably will be at least 2 weeks in the northern part of Kansas.

5. kindbud96

Well I'm getting my hopes up we had a lot of rain lately and all of next week will be in the 70s I'm praying

6. micomikey

micomikey Morel Enthusiast

The daily highs look decent, it's the overnight lows that bother me. Need that soil temp to come up. So amped though!!

7. kawvalleyshrooms

kawvalleyshrooms Morel Enthusiast

Hopefully this weekend they will be popping!!!!

8. kindbud96

Well a few have been found yesterday and today not by me but one of my friends found them in the Lawrence area I'm going Friday morning even though tonight is getting cold there should be some that come up today and tonight if not by the weekend there should be several

9. the boss

the boss Morel Enthusiast

Next weekend should be pretty good with the warm weather and the rain coming I'm anxious to get out

10. the boss

Anybody else hunt around Hillsdale lake?

11. micomikey

micomikey Morel Enthusiast

Hey Boss, yeah that's my primary area. I've checked a couple of the usual places but nothing yet, that was late last week though. There's another gent on here who I'm going to try to get together with. If you're interested. You have to provide the popsicles though :mrgreen:

12. the boss

I think this week should be good

13. kindbud96

Weather should be perfect highs in 80s and couple days of rain we will hopefully be rewarded bring plenty of tick spray all 3 times I've been out this year so far I've gotten ticks each time more than the last with weather warming up

14. yendor22

yendor22 Morel Enthusiast

Get premetherine clothing n gear spray from bass pro,kills every tick,chigger,mesquitoes that gets on you,works great,playing hookie fri,hunting buddy welcome,rod 913 660 4670

15. kindbud96

Where do you live I'm in Lawrence Kansas I might be up for meeting Friday morning if your in my area I work overnights I get off at 7am so I can go after work if your a early riser early bird gets the mushrooms lol

16. yendor22

Im in olathe tim,if i come to lawrence we would have to go to places u know cause ive never been there,if u have some good spots,i would consider it,n wont go back to ur spots without u,i know alot of places here,so whatever,i just know that i will be hunting,fri sat sun

17. kindbud96

Well we can check new places I've been wanting to check around Clinton lake there's some spots off the beaten path I use to go haven't checked this year yet 2 years ago they both had plenty to pick but last year I only found a couple but morels are that way I guess skip years or more but I also want to try new places as well I'm always adding to my spots because of how there good one year and bad the next I'm still looking for the honey hole I wish I had access to some of the private properties that people find garbage bags full of them the most I've ever found in a season was maybe 10 pounds and that was 2 years ago I've only been looking about 5 years I usually go with my wife but she's pregnant with our first born so she don't want to go but if your up to it we can meet Friday morning here and maybe next weekend I can meet you in your area I don't know if your areas are better or not you don't even have to take me to your spots we can just explore new areas around you I don't know how well you usually do each year or how long you been looking but would be nice to meet a new hunting buddy don't ever go with no one else except my wife

18. freudandbeck

freudandbeck Young Morel

I am pretty new to morel hunting. I found a handful last year and the year before while searching near railroad tracks, but I haven't really gone out and search any significant wooded areas. I do not know anyone with private land that would be good hunting grounds. I have considered searching the Perry Lake area, as I live about 20 minutes from Lawrence. Based on what I rad about the area, there are several trails that run through vastly forested areas, so it seems like there would be a large and diverse area to search. Has anyone searched that area before? If so, would you mind sharing same basic information about it? I am not asking for specific locations, just advice about access and topography that might help me select a good starting point and avoid other hunters right off the bat.

Thanks

19. burnzykc

burnzykc Young Morel

Hello everyone, sounds like everyone is as excited for this years Morel season as I am! I am from Lenexa, and have been hunting Morels from a young age. Unfortunately, I have not had any luck the last 5+ years, as I have only been hunting at Shawnee Mission Park. I have been trying to keep my eye out while turkey hunting, but to no avail. I am hoping that this year I will be able to bring back "bags full" so my wife can understand why I spend so much time in the woods. If anyone has any tips/tricks or hotspots for my area I am all ears! Good luck to everyone, and God bless!

20. yendor22

Im in olathe tim,i dont know anywhere to go in lawrence,but u have places to hunt,i would consider joining you,your spots are your spots,i wouldnt go back without u,ivegot plenty around here,hell we can hunt urs n mine,im game,ill be out there all day