NORTH EAST KS 2015

Discussion in 'Kansas' started by kindbud96, Mar 25, 2015.

1. ksgolfer54

ksgolfer54 Young Morel

Thanks for the advice Iwonagain. I actually never thought about that before. I found these at least a 1/4 of a mile or more away from the turnpike. I consumed them two days ago and still kicking, so all is good. The wife and I are driving to Ft. Riley this weekend to go to spots that my family have hunted since 1968. Always find them there.

2. mabeljc2015

mabeljc2015 Young Morel

@ksgolfer54 I've never eaten a morel, but I am very interested in hunting them, my son who is ten would love to go hunting, do you thing we can join you when you come to Fort Riley this weekend, we promise not to be greedy :) please email me if this is possible [email protected]

Thanks

3. dwheidrick

dwheidrick Young Morel

I went out for a couple hours after work today outside of Lawrence and brought home 112. I also probably left 30-40 or more that were already too dry. A lot of the ones that I picked were pretty fresh though, so they are still out there.

4. slick22

slick22 Young Morel

I had left some small ones on monday and went back Thursday, no new ones up and they were a little dry, but took them. I am new to this but found them in places where not expecting. Grass next to elm but away from creek. Weather this weekend should it help for sunday.

5. ksgolfer54

ksgolfer54 Young Morel

It's raining like crazy right now out at Ft. Riley where I am going this weekend. I hope to find buckets of them.

6. hungryforshrooms

hungryforshrooms Morel Enthusiast

I went out a couple of days ago and found a couple nice ones around Lawrence. Is anyone else finding any or are they done?

7. shroomdawg

shroomdawg Morel Connoisseur

It aint over till the Phat Shroom sings, I'm thinkin at another week before it's over in NEKS and NWMO but with no rain in the forecast could make finding any huge hauls more difficult. :wink:

8. ksmorelhunter

ksmorelhunter Morel Enthusiast

ksgolfer54, any luck near the Fort?

9. hungryforshrooms

hungryforshrooms Morel Enthusiast

ksgolfer54: Im guessing with the lack of responses, that the season is about over. What do you think?

10. segravestodd

segravestodd Young Morel

Any updates on finds? I was hoping to find a few in the Topeka area on Saturday. I know it's been pretty dry but think maybe some could be found in some low spots next to creeks and ponds. Is this realistic?

11. skamp

skamp Morel Enthusiast

Found 50 nice ones yesterday in the Milford res. They were starting to dry out. Haven't found any others in my reg spots