It's ok. Not like the post said "I" found, just said found today. I automatically assumed you had found them. I don't have FB so thanks for posting and letting us know that they are beginning to come up in Arkansas.BTW. Good luck! Hope the next pictures you post will be morels that you will be eating for supper.
No. I won't eat them. They are toxic and the toxins they contain do kidney damage. When you cook them it breaks the toxins down, if you cook them enough. How much cooking is enough? Who can say? Also even the steam coming off cooking them contains toxins. It is silly to take such risks when there are perfectly edible mushrooms elsewhere. Many of the people who eat them don't know the toxins they contain and are blissfully ignorant of the damage that could be done. I just think better safe than sorry.
A forum community dedicated to Morel mushroom hunters and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about collections, territories, recipes, identifications, harvesting, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!