Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen anything popping in northeast Indiana? I live in Allen county and have been our twice with no luck. Still very dry.

·
Registered
152 Posts
They are just starting. Was out last night and found 11 yellows around old dead apple trees in Dekalb co. I know these trees always produce first in my area. They were all 2-3" tall. In another week or two these same trees will have jumbos.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The dead elms and ash trees are not producing yet in this area. Probably another week with the rains were getting, should be a very good year.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Went back to the apple trees after 12 days and they didn't produce as well this year as in past but I did find one that was nearly the size of a half gallon jug. The ash and elms in this area had also flushed in the past week. Found 14 total which isn't a lot but they were all large mature yellows. This leads me to believe that this coming weekend will be near the end in the northeast. Need to head into mid-Mich. to stay on the fresh ones. Good luck to all.

·
Super Moderator
732 Posts
CW, Mushroom Mary and I planned to go out today but I have been on medication for an throat/lung problem so we will try the Angola area next weekend hoping its not too late. I assume that you were pretty Jazzed with a half gallon milk jug sized yellow. Good luck to all.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hard to believe, but I found some fresh ones today In Butler area. Lots of growth out there, but almost every dead elm I was finding some. Most were too far gone, Worth a shot to get out one more time. I have a lot more areas to check. I filled a potato sack in a few hours, Unfortanely, I think a handful I hoped to salvage are too far gone. Dang! If I only would have found these several days to a week ago

·
Registered
152 Posts
Found my first hen of the woods today in a city park, right under a sitting bench. Ha! It wasn't there a week ago and is already volleyball size. these cool nights and all of the morning dew will bring them on early.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts