Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hunt different terrain than what u would expect. I found many in the post oaks. If there was a dead elm nearby or a few little elms focus there. Cedars were also good if there were elms nearby.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I got 14 lbs in a 1 1/2 hr hunt. Left literally hundreds. My son got 12 lbs in a short eve hunt in the same spot. I been so many times now I kind of lot track but I think 40 or 45 lbs for me and my wife and 12 for my boy. We ran two dehydrators and have them all put up. If I could get away I would go back but am tied up the whole week.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I wouldn`t soak them in water until about an hour before you are going to eat them. The water starts the rottening process and soaking them in water for a long time will end up with soup. Treat them just as you would fresh mushrooms you buy in the store.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Back to finding only a couple pounds at a time. Most were very fresh. Still some small greys but also some of the pointy ones found in grass. I seem to find those when season is almost done. What a season! ~40 lbs so far.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Another 3 lbs fresh. Same amount not so fresh to seed the yard. Need to get rid of some soon. We are done even though there are plenty still to be found.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Seasonal Forager....where abouts in NE OK are you in? Im in northern Adair county and believe they are just starting to come up around these parts....btw its 2015...lol

61 - 80 of 80 Posts