Northeast Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Oklahoma' started by seasonal forager, Mar 2, 2013.

1. hoppy

hoppy Morel Enthusiast

Hunt different terrain than what u would expect. I found many in the post oaks. If there was a dead elm nearby or a few little elms focus there. Cedars were also good if there were elms nearby.

2. sapworm7979

sapworm7979 Morel Connoisseur

I got 14 lbs in a 1 1/2 hr hunt. Left literally hundreds. My son got 12 lbs in a short eve hunt in the same spot. I been so many times now I kind of lot track but I think 40 or 45 lbs for me and my wife and 12 for my boy. We ran two dehydrators and have them all put up. If I could get away I would go back but am tied up the whole week.[​IMG]

3. sgolay

sgolay Young Morel

Does anyone have any morels for sale near Bartlesville?

4. jamie

jamie Morel Connoisseur

I wouldn`t soak them in water until about an hour before you are going to eat them. The water starts the rottening process and soaking them in water for a long time will end up with soup. Treat them just as you would fresh mushrooms you buy in the store.

5. hoppy

hoppy Morel Enthusiast

Sg, how many lbs are u looking for? I sold most of mine today but may have more by end of week.

6. sgolay

sgolay Young Morel

Hoppy, i'd like a pound. :p

7. hoppy

hoppy Morel Enthusiast

Sg, if that us all you need leave me a way to contact you. I have some that were picked Sunday.

8. lemlere

lemlere Young Morel

Found 2 1/2 pounds in a spot in Tulsa yesterday. If I could figure out how to load an image I would

9. hoppy

hoppy Morel Enthusiast

Back to finding only a couple pounds at a time. Most were very fresh. Still some small greys but also some of the pointy ones found in grass. I seem to find those when season is almost done. What a season! ~40 lbs so far.

10. hoppy

hoppy Morel Enthusiast

Tried newish spot. 2.5 lbs. still fresh.

11. hoppy

hoppy Morel Enthusiast

Just snuck some young 'uns 'cross the state line. 7.5 lbs from area I have never been. Cedars are awesome!

12. hoppy

hoppy Morel Enthusiast

Another 3 lbs fresh. Same amount not so fresh to seed the yard. Need to get rid of some soon. We are done even though there are plenty still to be found.

13. seasonal forager

seasonal forager Morel Enthusiast

Still findin em in NE OK. Them suckers are thick.

14. 2232br

2232br Morel Enthusiast

Seasonal Forager....where abouts in NE OK are you in? Im in northern Adair county and believe they are just starting to come up around these parts....btw its 2015...lol

15. hornetmanager

hornetmanager Young Morel

yes, found quite a few! :) :p

16. 4got3ns0ul

4got3ns0ul Young Morel

Anyone from the Washington county/ bartlesville area?

17. okladuckbuster

okladuckbuster Morel Enthusiast

I am not, however I hunted turkey and morels up that way Sunday. We did not get a Turkey, but found 175 morels.!!

18. 4got3ns0ul

4got3ns0ul Young Morel

Okladuckbuster was that private or public land