Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys-anyone find anything in Nor Cal yet? I'll be going this week and will post what I find if any. How bout you all? Anything?

Thanks,
Michael
Plumas county here, I've found tons of verpa but no true morels yet. I've not been out for the last week though so I'm trying to get out there this weekend and at least walk some of the burn (dixie), we just haven't had any luck with rain at all.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plumas county here, I've found tons of verpa but no true morels yet. I've not been out for the last week though so I'm trying to get out there this weekend and at least walk some of the burn (dixie), we just haven't had any luck with rain at all.
Crushed it last week at around 4500ft. On Monday last week I found around 200 along with some very nice puffballs. I went 3 times just a handful again on Wednesday and then another huge batch on Friday.
I will try to post some of the pics…try the north facing slopes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys-anyone find anything in Nor Cal yet? I'll be going this week and will post what I find if any. How bout you all? Anything?

Thanks,
Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Beautiful! We live right at 4400 ft so I guess I need to get my rear in gear especially since we've now had some rain and snow the last few days. Temps have fallen quite a bit though so it's pretty chilly!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They’re already there if you know where to look. You might have to fight your way to a good spot. Lots of people looking when I was there. Those temps and rain should keep them from drying out. Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm fairly close to the Caldor Fire area which was a giant burn last summer. Was up last Friday but seems to cold and there was fresh snow and more this week. Seems like a late start this year. Anyone else in that area?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts