Northern ky

Discussion in 'Kentucky' started by jand, Apr 15, 2015.

1. stasiakj

stasiakj Morel Enthusiast

I'm at Knox, finding blacks. No yellows yet.

2. nutsak

nutsak Morel Connoisseur Sponsor

Hey guys, here comes a nice warm rain. We should have active grey morels in the morning. With the freeze warning tomorrow night its hard to say if we should pick them or leave them...

3. nutsak

Looking at this year to peak way later than original. April 20th - 24th is going to be PRIME hunting everywhere in the state.

4. rockman48us

rockman48us Young Morel

Went hunting today been hunting hillsides but finding very little so i change went to a lower level
    found 56 greys and crumbled up a dozen that were dried out. Getting rain here in Benton Ky so
    it will be prime time this weekend.

5. jand

jand Morel Enthusiast

Found 14 blacks yesterday in nky area. They are up no yellows or grays yet. I would check south facing slopes about 30 yards from the tops of the hill.

6. mushroom_mentor

mushroom_mentor Morel Connoisseur

Hi guys! My partner and I are passionate about mushrooms, and are trying to spread the love. We've created a youtube channel for people who want to get started finding morels and for people who are into watching mushroom videos. Check out our second video and let us know what you think. Please subscribe so we can keep doing this. It would be great to be able to do this as a daily vlog channel so the support is necessary for that to happen. Thanks! https://youtu.be/dUxufP0AHqY

7. jand

jand Morel Enthusiast

Found 31 yellows today they were a bit older but still tasty. I would check southern facing hillsides untill a few days after the rain tomorrow then i will be down in the creek beds around the sycamore trees.

8. myfinds65

myfinds65 Morel Enthusiast

@jand where in northern ky are you located?

9. jand

jand Morel Enthusiast

about 25 miles. south of Cincinnati.

10. scott and glenda

scott and glenda Morel Enthusiast

Would like to take somone with me to walk some land i have access to in norther grant county,need to learn the do's and donts, alot of fallen rotted trees, smaller creeks, let me know! Text scott @8594149586

11. nutsak

Scott, I would just research this Forum and Youtube. Wait for Chris Matherly to show people finding in your area then hit the woods. This forum is hit and miss with Kentucky. But Ohio seems to be more active. Browes Southern Ohio.

12. scott and glenda

scott and glenda Morel Enthusiast

Is there any sense in hunting now with the cold temps?

13. tommyjosh

tommyjosh Morel Connoisseur

[video]https://youtu.be/cMXeHjJULHc[/video] subscribe @ Midwest Mushrooms

14. NKY Hunter

NKY Hunter Young Morel

I found 12 greys and 1 white Wednesday in Boone county. I believe they are just starting g to come up. Everywhere I hu the is public though so idk how many people were out before me.