Northwest Indiana

Discussion in 'Indiana' started by ljbuckles, Apr 25, 2013.

1. bsimms

bsimms Morel Enthusiast

Went out last night and looking good! Had a buddy get 163 yesterday in Jasper county.

1 person likes this.

2. charly1954

charly1954 Morel Enthusiast

Have you gotten recent rain up in Jasper Cty, we're pretty dry down here in Cass cty.

3. noskydaddy

noskydaddy Morel Connoisseur

4. noskydaddy

5. mmh

mmh Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Blacks, Greys and yellows still being found in the N.E. corner as of four days ago.

2 people like this.
  6. Ima Funguy

Ima Funguy Morel Enthusiast

Went out in the rain both Sat & Sun to a couple wooded spots in Porter Co & found a total of 2 yellows. Then, today I went to a primarily grassy park in Lake Co & found 12-14 medium to big yellows, weighing a total of ~ 1 1/2 lbs. Found this weed growing with IMG320.jpg IMG318.jpg them.

1 person likes this.
  7. ogrecharger

ogrecharger Morel Enthusiast

I went for a quick half hour run yesterday and found a few 12"ers and some that were too far gone - is it over for NWI? If not, I'd think focusing on the shaded areas are all that's left for us.

8. noskydaddy

9. noskydaddy

10. robert17

robert17 Morel Enthusiast

20170506_135017.jpg my finds in lansing Michigan yesterday

T tom likes this.
  11. robert17

robert17 Morel Enthusiast

12. ogrecharger

Okay - it's been killing me all season......

Which one of you is Cap'n Morel from the old site?

13. Ima Funguy

Ima Funguy Morel Enthusiast

Argghh. It's me. The "new, improved" site wouldn't accept my password and email address so I had to make new ones. Spent 2 hours hunting in MI Sunday with the MI DNR map a fellow shroomer offered a few pages back. Totally wrong environment, but I wouldn't give up on the map. As of Sunday, Garwood Orchard had no morels for sale. Anderson Orchard has morels, imported from MI or WI.

14. ogrecharger

Okay - i'm getting tired of scrolling through the Indiana topic to find all the local stuff - anyone having any luck yet in 2018 in our area?

15. T tom

T tom Morel Connoisseur

The only one finding anything to amount to shit in Indiana so far is Stelthshroomer, he hunts lake co.

16. Jtr

Jtr Young Morel

First post... newbie question, are these half-free morels? Thanks

Attached Files:

17. ogrecharger

I'm finding some, but few and far between. Also, I'm noticing that there have been a couple flushes. I've found huge mature and dried out shrooms growing around the same tree as new fresh babies. It's been a tough year. I was literally on my belly yesterday picking one under a bush. Once you find a good tree, key in on the shady areas, or areas with dense cover - these are often where the survivors are after the intense heat we had for a while.