Not Over Yet

Discussion in 'Wisconsin' started by gold diggers, May 25, 2016.

1. gold diggers

gold diggers Morel Connoisseur

Found 2 dozen morels today. It ain't over until it's over.

2. elmgirl

elmgirl Morel Connoisseur

Gold Diggers what county

3. buckthornman

buckthornman Morel Connoisseur

Digger let's see the pick? Give relative area! No specifics:) I found five grey in deep cover. Someone missed them or maybe we will get a flush in some spots that were just waiting. I,'ll let Ya know in 24 to 72 hrs! Bucky!lol can't give up don't give up!! Troop or somebody worthy let me know i'll send you dried lobster,porcini,black trumpet,Chantrelles. Buckthornman has them all and if you don't believe me shoot me a text. I'd be happy to share a taste with such wonderful folks as you and some of the brethren! Buck!

4. shroomtrooper

shroomtrooper Morel Connoisseur

3 of those are on my list to find this year, odd I did find a King bolete a while ago, thought it would be the last one I would find. Maybe we will hook up with OldElm this year bucky

5. elmgirl

Buckthorman everyone has been telling me the Wisconsin season is over but I did not want to accept that I am from Indiana and I am now in love with hunting there had a DNR friend of mine tell me contrary to what people are saying they are still finding them new the Great Lakes

6. morelas must-shroom

morelas must-shroom Morel Connoisseur

Elmgirl,I'm from Indiana also. I went to northern Michigan last weekend and only found 10. The driest I've ever seen it up there. But I'm going back this weekend to see if the rain helps ,to camp and to scout new areas. That's half the fun. So if you go far enough north you might score and if not you can still scout a new area and enjoy the outdoors.

7. elmgirl

morelas must-shroom I think we are going to do the same thing.... How far north did you go to last time County wise?

8. gold diggers

"where at"? is an interesting question to ask a shroomer. Of all the secrets, the location of a morel treasure is sacred. I have the coordinates on my Garmin, but unlike my social security number, that everyone now has, these numbers are exclusive. All I can say is with the increasing humidity, thunderstorms, and 80 degree temperatures we are now having here in Wisconsin, you should expect a second emergence. That's what Gold Diggers found yesterday including a Giant Gold of about 5 ounces. Good Hunting!

9. morelas must-shroom

morelas must-shroom Morel Connoisseur

Elmgirl, I was between Gaylord and the Mackinaw Bridge. That's just above the 45th parallel. Good Luck.

10. gold diggers

I am heading out right now in a thunderstorm. With every crack of lightning, I can here the morels POP. I'll let everyone know what I find.

11. gold diggers

I am hunting SE Wisconsin -Great Lakes Region

12. elmgirl

Morelas must-shroom good luck to you as well... Good luck Gold Diggers save a few for me lol

13. shroomtrooper

shroomtrooper Morel Connoisseur

Ha, golddiggers I need not know what your exact location is, just county whereabouts , I know the code. I am so far away may not apply. But I always hope. Good luck

14. buckthornman

buckthornman Morel Connoisseur

Well gang I was wrong I'll admit it! My good friend came in to work tonight and had about 50 monsters:) they were on the verge though. Like getting crumbly. But yes I was impressed. And there is a couple days left.but you better go deep and move that cover cuz there buried in the thorn.buckthornman wrong and Bucky out!!!!