1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

NW Ohio

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by mathiasjmz, Apr 23, 2014.

1. mathiasjmz

mathiasjmz Morel Enthusiast

Anyone in nw ohio? Lucas county here.

2. mathiasjmz

mathiasjmz Morel Enthusiast

Ive hunted a couple of years now, never had alot of luck. I know its a bit early around here with this abnormal weather we've had, but I dont want to miss out again this year.

3. jim33

jim33 Morel Connoisseur

Howdy,
    I'm down here in Hancock County. It is starting here. I found about 60 small greys yesterday. I put a picture on another site, I would here but it's more of a hassle. We are heading into a banner year. It ought to be pretty good next week.
    Good Luck

4. whiskeyswamp

whiskeyswamp Young Morel

Hardin county here... I have not had time to get out but the woods is starting to look prime for picking. I hope to get out in the next few days.

5. pbwv

pbwv Morel Connoisseur

Jim Its not to hard to post pics here. Just go to the pics tab at the top then on the right side is a large tab it says Post Pics Here. and you can name and date the photo. You can create a photo bucket account to share only with the forum you talk on... But we all like to see pics. Happy hunting all. And grats on the 60 Jim. Im only at 6 spotted and 0 picked. lol... but they just came up Sunday and im guessing Sat. they will be in flush here. Parkersburg Wv.

6. nwoo

nwoo Young Morel

Im in the swanton area things are just geting started here no morels yet but a ton of gyromytra this website is pretty much a joke now it was awesome up until a couple years ago when the lay out was changed it used to be much easier and faster to use its now basically a chat room for 5 or 6 regulars 11 month out of the year and a total pain in the ### to use,
    use matherlys website if you want info and location use this one if you want to bs with other hunters

7. burgtmo

burgtmo Morel Enthusiast

I find lots each year in Sandusky County. Went out Sunday nothing growing even on forest floor. Going out tomorrow to see if anything has changed.

8. jim33

jim33 Morel Connoisseur

I put up a pic on morehunters.com with a Findlay Courier. My pic is on matherlys reported sightings too. I'll get some pics up at some point this year here, I need to make sure I can get into my flickr account and all that first. Been busy busy lately.
    Good luck everyone this year, it's going to be a fun one!

9. billyraybar

billyraybar Morel Enthusiast

I'm up here just across the border in Temperance...Things are not even close yet. I figure AT LEAST two weeks to go for the blacks and grays! What's the address for " matherlys " website that you guys are talking about?...thanks!

10. mushroman

mushroman Young Morel

Hi all, I have been hunting shrooms for 35 years in NW Ohio and I have rarely found any until late April. However once May hits it's game on! I have been looking but it's a little early and we could use some rain. Good Hunting!

11. burgtmo

burgtmo Morel Enthusiast

Went out today and nothing. But things are really starting to green up. We do need a good warm rain and then LOOK OUT!

12. jim33

jim33 Morel Connoisseur

Okay lemme see if I can remember how to do this. Testing...... <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/82319534@N02/14022095303/" title="4-22-14 by CF&amp;E East, on Flickr">[​IMG]</a>

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  13. jim33

jim33 Morel Connoisseur

I went out for a quick bit this evening. I returned to where I found these the other day and a few more had came up, they were very very small. The ones I had left behind to grow were a tad bit bigger. I hit a couple other of my early spots, even venturing into Hardin County and no other spots of mine have begun to produce.

14. hobu777

hobu777 Morel Enthusiast

I'm in Lucas County....I expect them to start popping pretty good this coming week.

We got some rain today, which will help.

I've poked around a few times already and things aren't quite green enough yet, but it's getting there.

I'll post some pics and field reports when I start finding them.

Good luck everyone.

Enjoy the best three weeks of year....take some time to soak it all in and enjoy the season.

15. kdoghunter

kdoghunter Morel Enthusiast

Allen County, Hardin County line---
    Having no luck yet conditions dont seem right. Checked all my spots nothing yet. Although, if they are finding them in hancock county they should be around here. Im gonna keep lookin!

16. kdoghunter

Hey Jim 33 is there a specific spot you found the greys (edge of woods etc)
    Thats a great pic looks like to many for one man to eat (I could help) good hunting!
    God Bless

17. jim33

jim33 Morel Connoisseur

Hi, Kdog.
    I have been targeting area's that I know I need to be hitting early. And so far it's been paying off. South facing hills. My normally 2 earliest spots still haven't produced yet and I can't figure that out. I picked in Allen and Hardin Counties this afternoon, but it was spotty! &lt;a href=&quot;<a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/82319534@N02/14025330552/" title="4-26 by CF&amp;E East, on Flickr">[​IMG]</a>"&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;<a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/82319534@N02/14025330552/" title="4-26 by CF&amp;E East, on Flickr">[​IMG]</a>" alt="" /&gt;</a>

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  18. kdoghunter

Thanks Jim, now that I know they are out there I will look harder. Had a couple bad years previous, hope this is a good year!

19. jim33

jim33 Morel Connoisseur

No problem. I'm hoping to hit a few spots up tomorrow if I can catch some breaks in the thunderstorms. I think we are heading into a great year. Good Luck, I hope to hear of your success!

20. pepper1961

pepper1961 Young Morel

we went out in the woods in dark county didn't find any lived here 22 years thay come up in my yard first by old apple trees before I find them in the woods