Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ugh, sounds like you either developed a general allergy to cotw, or [possibly more likely] you have an allergy to the eastern hemlock variety. Bummer regardless, but I certainly understand your unwillingness to try dealing with that nonsense again! How do you feel about chanterelles? I think my personal top three are morels, cotw, and chanties - in whatever order I feel on any given day. Honeys are probably next on the list. :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Ugh, sounds like you either developed a general allergy to cotw, or [possibly more likely] you have an allergy to the eastern hemlock variety. Bummer regardless, but I certainly understand your unwillingness to try dealing with that nonsense again! How do you feel about chanterelles? I think my personal top three are morels, cotw, and chanties - in whatever order I feel on any given day. Honeys are probably next on the list. :)
Big fan of Chants! Went looking for them yesterday but the ground is bone dry and found none.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Hey all!! So frustrated right now because I can't get pics to work on my new computer yet, and we got 10 golden chanterelles today! All the rain we've been getting has paid off, and I wish I could show you. :) We collected them in Saratoga County, and last week, we found one sad little cinnabar chant in Washington County. Love chanties so much, and I'm really enjoying everyone's pics - some excellent finds!

@hoblershang Your daughter's smiles are absolutely wonderful to see, she's so proud! Congrats for the haul [though I'll just pretend all the froggies made it safely back to their homes]! :D Just want to add that although I don't judge at all, I do appreciate seeing the live frogs.

·
Registered
36 Posts
all you ny chanterell hunters u should go know. this might be the best season ive ever seen . and if u know boletes they are out in crazy numbers. boletes are one mushroom im never sure about but i could have gotton a pickup truck full and all bug free. on sunday. all white poors and not bitter to taste. 25 lbs of chanterells in a hour. same place i picked 2 weeks ago.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts