NY 2020 Non-Morel Edible Mushrooms

Discussion in 'New York' started by Morel Insanity, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Morel Insanity

Morel Insanity Morel Enthusiast

Ugh, sounds like you either developed a general allergy to cotw, or [possibly more likely] you have an allergy to the eastern hemlock variety. Bummer regardless, but I certainly understand your unwillingness to try dealing with that nonsense again! How do you feel about chanterelles? I think my personal top three are morels, cotw, and chanties - in whatever order I feel on any given day. Honeys are probably next on the list. :)

1 person likes this.
  2. Leah Hackett

Leah Hackett Young Morel

Lots of great finds today! Now that we finally got some rain, I can’t wait to see what else starts popping

Attached Files:

3. geogymn

geogymn Morel Connoisseur

Big fan of Chants! Went looking for them yesterday but the ground is bone dry and found none.

1 person likes this.
  4. geogymn

Nice finds!

5. Ceder551

Ceder551 Morel Enthusiast

i dont even start to look till middle of july. they take anout 14 days to grows to pickable size. il lt u know when im getting them . most years i pic hundreds of pounds

2 people like this.
  6. geogymn

Yeah! I needed to get into the woods and I thought that this heat might of pushed them along. Was a nice walk though.

1 person likes this.
  7. Ryan gebo

Ryan gebo Morel Enthusiast

5B8FD458-1780-4B78-A32F-63F918F27F88.jpeg
    Sorry I’ll do better and take a picture in the woods it was 15 feet in the air though. A little dry on top but salvageable

2 people like this.
  8. Ryan gebo

Ryan gebo Morel Enthusiast

Like usual this year we need some rain.
    Anyone finding anything. I’m looking for chants but haven’t seen any.