Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The gig is long up, Here it ended around May 15 after about 3 weeks.

The long road to next season twists and turns ahead, its by-ways routine and well known:

Until then, what happens?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Late July. Time slows. Pandemic mounts. I look forward to better days.

2020 was mediocre season .Unforeseen family matters and needs kept me from ranging too far. The plan collapsed. Alas, things may not go as planned. So be it. Despite it all, I managed to put a few gallons in the freezer. As is tradition here, they will be a featured item for Christmas morning brunch. Since putting those in the freezer, I can hardly wait for Christmas morning!!!

Alas, a few hours ago my wife came up from the stairs. "I don't even want to tell you this..." She carried a large, plastic bag........filled with the musky mush of 6 bags of once-frozen 'shrooms. The little bugs in the compost bin are now having an early Christmas! MUSH-rooms.

2020 becomes more memorable with each passing day. I usually look forward, but a vision of 2021 escapes me at this time.

Be safe..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi shroom god, I'm sorry for your loss. If you've never tried dehydrated Morels, this could be the year to do just that. I sell dried Morels, they are pantry stable for two years, they rehydrate easily in warm water in about 15 min. Please let me know if your interested, it could help save your Christmas Brunch! I keep in the pantry and use them year round now, dehydrating them actually helps intensify their flavor. 1 -2 oz bag = to about 1 lb of fresh is $30.00, it beats the fresh price by 1/2, at least around here. Local pick up or buyer pays shipping and handling fee. These are really nice, assorted sizes as nature gives them to us, please let me know if your interested, Iam now shipping them all across the USA. Folks are loving them, many reordering them now over and over again. The Sherlark
20200629_221228.jpg
20200629_221005.jpg
20200629_221005.jpg

·
Registered
349 Posts
Your in the wrong thread to be pedaling your shrooms. There are threads created for that here in the site. Plus most of us wouldnt pay for them anyway we enjoy the hunt and pick them naturaly acuring some years are good and some are bad here in the midwest. We dont get burn morels here though like you have there though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts