Official 2020 Georgia Finds - Post here.

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by pastorj, Feb 8, 2020.

1. pastorj

pastorj Morel Enthusiast

Hey Everyone!

Based on our current forecast and the weather we’ve had recently, I’m predicting our first southern find will pop by February 22.

I could be wrong, but everything seems to be pointing to an early season.

I pray everyone has a great year!

4 people like this.
  2. wade

wade Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Excellent Excellent.. @pastorj
    and Everyone, so very Good to see Yall Beginning your New 2020 Thread..
    Wade here....Some of Yall already know I'm a "Hoosier" foreal...Born and Raised in and around, Bloomington Indiana
    i will turn 56 on April 14th...we always begin finding Morels on my birthday up Here in Monroe county..
    i been Hunting the same spots and Area for 54 years now, Ever since my Daddy first carried me in with him when i was
    Only 2 years old ..it is So wonderful to Walk back in those same Woods Every year.. i hope i can make it down to southern Georgia to Hunt this season. Do any of Yall plan to travel to Hunt in Indiana this year?

4 people like this.

3. Jpuette

Jpuette Young Morel

5BC863D3-8681-4C7C-B004-92084DA40A9E.jpeg C8E19D32-D91A-4048-9A70-40A620CE275F.jpeg CC84F260-86E5-47CB-99F5-DB823FE32A16.jpeg
    Found these today in Danielsville GA. Lots of other small ones. Counted 21 so far. Looks like it’s starting early this year.

4. wade

whooooooo
    .that is Awesome @Jpuette

1 person likes this.
  5. uncle fester

uncle fester Morel Enthusiast

I usually try to get to southeast Iowa every other year. Not sure about this year though.

1 person likes this.
  6. eidolon

eidolon Morel Connoisseur

First reported find in the Eastern US that I am aware of...It would be great to see a pic with a date-stamped receipt or a newspaper, for the skeptics.

7. pastorj

pastorj Morel Enthusiast

EA838684-D6D0-40DC-9DB3-A0C59E4ACB6F.jpeg Aiken County SC

Now it’s officially ON! Let the madness begin.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 3:08 PM
  8. pastorj

pastorj Morel Enthusiast

Great find! But, I would like to see some documentation.

All three are in different stages and one looks like it’s been up for quite a while.

also, that area of Georgia is usually at least a couple weeks behind Augusta.

please, prove me wrong.

9. wade

Thank You.. So very Much Excited here

10. Jpuette

Jpuette Young Morel

28AAFC5E-4F25-4AA0-8817-7B794EE48D87.jpeg No need to be a sceptic. I picked a few this afternoon for dinner and cooked em up. Believe me or not, my appetite has been satiated, for now at least.
    28AAFC5E-4F25-4AA0-8817-7B794EE48D87.jpeg

11. pastorj

pastorj Morel Enthusiast

Again, that pic doesn’t prove anything.

2 people like this.
  12. wade

Yes Sir @pastorj i gotta agree.. yep yep
    now We / i am not a stickler about posting a pic of your Freash New finds
    with a time dated store recipe or news paper..but i would prefer it
    Man this is so important to us all..
    and we don't get our solid information
    that we need , without proff of time and date ...in the pictures
    @Jpuette We do Thank You Much..
    still... we just met you, and have chosen not to put a picture of yourself w your Avatar and thats fine if you never put in a picture of yourself...
    but do please put proof of your findings in with your picture...for all of us..
    i feel the need for the Solid Knowledge.
    Thank You
    from Wade

4 people like this.
  13. Jpuette

Jpuette Young Morel

I will keep that in mind for future posts. I must say though, as a new member to this online community, it is somewhat disconcerting, on ones first post, to basically be called a liar due to some unwritten “rule”. No worries though. Like I said, believe me or don’t, that is your choice. Photos can also be doctored to make anything seem legit. Good luck in your hunt this year.

3 people like this.
  14. shroomsearcher

shroomsearcher Morel Connoisseur

As a new poster I can understand your feelings Jpuette, but believe me these "rules" are universal in these kinds of forums! Just check my avatar. Why do you think I laid those morels on the front page of the paper with the date in plain view? That was to verify my post. I don't resent it. On many web forums it's "pics or it didn't happen"! With as seasonal an activity as this is, it's "pics and a verified date or it didn't happen"!

3 people like this.
  15. herbinc alabama

herbinc alabama Morel Enthusiast

A lot of hater in these forums, and its stupid, haters gonna hate! Does anybody even remember who found the first one last year?

16. eidolon

I don't remember the guy's name, but I know where it was, south of Birmingham, and I *think* it was the 19th of February. I saved the photos, his name, and the dates. He did not identify the location very precisely, and he *did* have a receipt, from a CVS, with the morels, to show the date. It's not a matter of hate, the information is important and it ought to be verified, pure and simple.

2 people like this.
  17. herbinc alabama

herbinc alabama Morel Enthusiast

Yep same guy found them fist several years over the last decade and got shamed for it on several forums for not following the rules. He doesn’t really like rules.....so there’s that. He doesn’t really post his early finds anymore.

18. Clawley

Clawley Morel Enthusiast

hahaha (;

lets get together this season!
    Heading to a pinned spot near Danielsville to confirm for myself today.

1 person likes this.
  19. eidolon

I looked in that area on Saturday. I checked around the Broad River, and all I saw was swamp...