Official 2020 Georgia Finds - Post here.

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by pastorj, Feb 8, 2020.

1. wade

wade Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Now All of us ...Knowing that any prediction is just a Guess.. coupled with information and Our past seasons to compare it to...
    Still i Feel compelled to post that...
    from what i see and am Feeling is !!!
    This looks like the Making of a Very Normal Season for Everyone of Us
    from South and all the Way Northward
    as Our Progression Pop Pop Pops.
    but we just don't Really know, do we
    as for what is Certain;
    *The Mystery and Our Love of the Hunt
    Will Always Be....
    and in My Head and Heart I'm again and always, Waiting, Watching and Scouting and Hoping and Hunting & Hunting & Hunting, BELIEVEING and Knowing that one of these Seasons We Will all find Ourselves...
    Out There Standing right in the middle of the Biggest Popping FLUSH of Morels and Fungi
    that any of Us alive today have Ever seen..
    " The Hundred Year Hunt "
    i Remember My Great Grandad talking about it when i was just a Boy...
    There were So.. So Many Morels its all They ate for Months... Any Place a They would step in the woods..
    Morels Were Everywhere...
    i Believe and am sure this Same ..
    " Hundred Year Hunt "
    will happen again in Our Time....
    i Expect it.. i Have a Love for it..
    " I Won't Know if I Don't Go "
    So i keep Hunting....

2. Kbart

Kbart Morel Connoisseur

Better to not post, than to give people a possible false sense of excitement.

1 person likes this.

3. Kbart

Kbart Morel Connoisseur

I don't think that you'd need to go as far as having something notarized but a way to document a time and location helps everyone a lot more than a photo without. We're just trying to track the movement and that is the best way that we know how.

Dfiggy28 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. shroomsearcher

shroomsearcher Morel Connoisseur

I know some people think it's weird, and think we're picky, but there ARE people out there who get their jollies from just stirring things up! Who know why? And there's no way to tell exactly who they are. So, we ask for some kind of verification. I take some pics of shrooms "in situ", but look at my avatar. I also lay them out on the front page of that days paper, with the date clearly visible.

I've read both chefs and musicians say that "attribution" is one of the most important things in their industry. Who created that recipe? Who wrote that song? The same is true in the entertainment business. Look at the credits at the end of a movie. They can be a mile long! Every single person who worked on that movie gets their name in the credits.

5. wade

Thank You to @shroomsearcher
    and Yall Others whom have found a simple and Polite and still Straight forward way of addressing and Posting about this..
    hey Man, Morels and other Fungi are such an Important part of us..
    as for me when im out there im gathering information the whole time before During and After.. and when im not in the woods driving, Home or even sleeping im thinking and feeling that information..
    so yes can .. can you understand my Head & Heart and the EQUATION Needs and aims towards accuracy
    simple as a recipe..
    Especially if we are only just beginning to know a new member..
    if We already Know you i will trust you if you sends some pictures of finds without a receipt EVERYTIME not a worry..
    or write in the dirt with a stick..
    But Refuse to prove it..that ain't Cool..
    if anyone thinks they are being Cute or funny by turning it into a Headgame
    let me make clear i do Not Appreciate it.
    and i sure ain't gonna be like'n on you
    Don't be a Trouble Maker
    its Better to be Friends

beagleboy and Dfiggy28 like this.
  6. newtimmy

newtimmy Morel Connoisseur

To the GA thread, i posted a pic in the Ala thread today of a morel, my find at 9:15 this morning, one baby.. 20 days after the Valentine find by pastorJ in S Carolina.. i didnt think i would find one so didnt take a dated paper nor receipt with me.. And was not about to pick as that 1” cap maybe 2” plus in a week.. but, ive been on morels. Com for 6 yrs and have posted many a documented find with several morels 5,6,8 times each year. I know the regularies 100% believe me. You will see dozens of morels, if not more coming soon with Bham News or receipts. Bottom line is Bham only very early have a few popping yet and heart of season will be March 15 into the first week of April..

7. newtimmy

Always think about “consider the source”

8. wade

Shit Man @newtimmy .We all Know You are Straight on Everything!
    Thank You

1 person likes this.
  9. eidolon

eidolon Morel Connoisseur

Clarke Co., Sun. 3/8/20. Took me only 2 years to find em... WP_20200308_057.jpg

10. newtimmy

Eidolon, nice finds. Yes Athens is appx 40-50 miles north of Bham but overall weather on average is probably almost identical. If you look at any hardiness maps youll see them almost in an identical portion of the same hardiness zone

eidolon and (deleted member) like this.
  11. wade

Awesome Awesome Awesome @eidolon
    keep going Man Ghost !!

eidolon and Tool fan like this.
  12. Walter80

Walter80 Morel Enthusiast

Congrats eidolon. I have not ventured out yet. Will be going this weekend.

13. eidolon

eidolon Morel Connoisseur

Good luck, you're very experienced at finding them, I know.

1 person likes this.
  14. Jpuette

Jpuette Morel Enthusiast

30E214C5-7CBB-46CC-B49D-27AC9F5DB5A6.jpeg 7309E440-291F-4897-8A3A-BECBA0E41A51.jpeg 5E0D724C-D3AE-46F8-B05A-68A5EB592AE4.jpeg 5F9DE97A-4D90-4E97-AC22-9D2886E29AC5.jpeg DAC9331F-6C5C-4F88-ADF0-7CF639F1A2E8.jpeg A41245EF-192C-4C11-AE95-321D1DA458F4.jpeg Looks like the warm weather is making em pop down here in GA. Found these little young ones this afternoon.

15. Jpuette

Jpuette Morel Enthusiast

CF555481-8767-49C0-8BF9-E60F065649DB.jpeg Tiny one

1 person likes this.
  16. wade

@pastorj ... and Yall Georgia folks..
    i know Yall are Finding bunches..
    * when your not posting
    * because your so busy Finding
    * and you have a Belly Full of Morels
    * in to bed early and up with the Sun
    * in the Woods Again..
    to busy to Post..
    but you got me thinking maybe you are just trying to keep it secret ???
    *** yep i thought So..!!
    Come on !! show us some pictures
    Yall tryn to Sneak around and get um all before anyone else finds out they're up !

Zabz likes this.
  17. wade

ok.... maybe i was wrong?
    Are Yall Really not finding Any ??
    Wow... i was so sure Yall would have big Piles of them

18. Jpuette

Jpuette Morel Enthusiast

I know where a good bit are, just waiting for them to grow up. If the weather stays like this I should get a good harvest. That is if the slugs don’t eat em up before I get to em.

1 person likes this.
  19. morelcartel

morelcartel Young Morel

Searched both north and south Gwinnett as recently as the 12th. Soil temperatures at 4 inches just hit a consistent 55 degrees anywhere north of Atlanta. Despite the warmer weather, soil temperatures stayed relatively moderate until the last 3-4 days. 7 days from today, Gwinnett county will be in full swing. As someone who studies mycology, is a lifelong morel hunter, and monitors soil temperatures daily, I can say with confidence that any morels you find today north of Atlanta will not be mature enough to have dispersed their spores. There are awesome weather monitoring tools in Georgia that can give you the soil temperature 24 hours a day and historical soil temperature data. Monitor your microclimate and check soil temps. Don’t pick until mature if you really want to keep picking morels in the future. - Side note, this forum needs to have the most recent posts show up at the top. Additionally, there are a lot of comments on here that have nothing to do with morel finds.

1 person likes this.
  20. jim33

jim33 Morel Connoisseur

I click recent posts and that does it for me.

Jpuette and (deleted member) like this.