Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, it's almost that time again. Please keep in mind the community expectations for a "First Find" is to have documentation to back it up. A newspaper, receipt, video, or some other proof that shows the date will suffice.

For many, a first find is data used to gauge previous years and determine how far out ones local spots may start producing.

Don't be surprised if your early find is critiqued without some sort of proof.

Based on the past two months' average temps (which are about 5 degrees less than the previous year) I'm thinking we are about two weeks behind last year's first find.

I guess we will see.

Either way, I think it's going to be an amazing year.

Registered
Hey everyone, it's almost that time again. Please keep in mind the community expectations for a "First Find" is to have documentation to back it up. A newspaper, receipt, video, or some other proof that shows the date will suffice.

For many, a first find is data used to gauge previous years and determine how far out ones local spots may start producing.

Don't be surprised if your early find is critiqued without some sort of proof.

Based on the past two months' average temps (which are about 5 degrees less than the previous year) I'm thinking we are about two weeks behind last year's first find.

I guess we will see.

Either way, I think it's going to be an amazing year.
Yeah was hoping for a early year again. I'm in Wisconsin and we were a little early last year not by much, it seemed it was going to be super early last year then the Temps just didn't warm up. This year has been above average almost every day this winter until now, 1st week of February it shows its cold. Today waking up to minus 15 with windchills minus 35 yuck, why couldn't of this came last month, don't see a 20 degree day for almost 2 weeks 馃槶馃槶. But we all know mother nature if you don't like the weather today wait a couple days 馃ぃ anything can change. But best of luck to you peeps in Georgia it was fun reading your posts last year got me super excited about hunting last year maybe 2 months to early but who cares still fun!!! Your early posts get me in gear to go scout out new areas and in 1 of the worst years we had for morels last year in Wisconsin I still got 12 pounds so was super happy. Sorry about the long post. Best of luck!!

Registered
I鈥檓 looking forward to it! I鈥檓 from Ohio but new to southwestern NC and hoping to follow in the footsteps of you Georgians this spring. Best of luck!!
Where are you located in NC?

I am from IN and have had some sporadic luck in the WNC Mtns. I've found them in Buncombe, Henderson, Avery and Madison Counties.

Last year, the rainfall was really low in this area, so my harvest was less.

Super Moderator
Howdy Yall... Wade here...
Surely Southern Georgia Will begin Popp'n Next Week..
But I don't know... Yalls the Ones that Live there and know it Better than Me..
We Always begin Finding in Southern Indiana in the first 2 weeks of April..
Good Luck to all ..for the Love of the Hunt

Registered
Warching the soil & weather in Alabama and Georgia. The southern half of Georgia & southest quadrant of Alabama are warming nicely. From Texas to Mississippi they really took on xtreme cold and will fruit later. Pastor J we are checking earliest Alabama spot Friday (26th) and Monday (1st). Expecting to find some. I know youve been the king of the first morels lately. Someone will find em by Monday (1st). Good luck hunting to all

Super Moderator
Warching the soil & weather in Alabama and Georgia. The southern half of Georgia & southest quadrant of Alabama are warming nicely. From Texas to Mississippi they really took on xtreme cold and will fruit later. Pastor J we are checking earliest Alabama spot Friday (26th) and Monday (1st). Expecting to find some. I know youve been the king of the first morels lately. Someone will find em by Monday (1st). Good luck hunting to all
So Very Very Awesome Man..

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
If any of you are bored...I started a fishing YouTube channel about two months ago.

I do plan on adding some morel videos in time.

These are 360 videos - you will need to view on the YouTube channel or app to get the full camera range.

watch the intro video for more information on how to watch 360 videos

Don鈥檛 forget to hit subscribe馃槈

1 - 20 of 23 Posts