Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
They where found on the 18th.Last yr on the 18th I was finding very mature ones.Its coming on and I can't wait.I used to wait till April 1st but after last yrs weather and season being early I've learned that mother nature has no schedule.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just found 6, the first of the year for me: 2 are the biggest I've ever found, and the other 4 were large, just not all the way out of the ground yet. I left the 4, even though I know at least one other guy has hunted in that area before. I think the 2 big ones were about 3 days old, and the 4 others probably came up yesterday or last night. It's not as cold today as I thought it was going to be. NE GA, east of ATL.

·
Super Moderator
2,005 Posts
I just found 6, the first of the year for me: 2 are the biggest I've ever found, and the other 4 were large, just not all the way out of the ground yet. I left the 4, even though I know at least one other guy has hunted in that area before. I think the 2 big ones were about 3 days old, and the 4 others probably came up yesterday or last night. It's not as cold today as I thought it was going to be. NE GA, east of ATL. View attachment 37094

View attachment 37095

View attachment 37096

View attachment 37097
@eidolon .. those look Awesome 👌

·
Registered
11 Posts
Kevin

Kevin, I am in Oconee County, Georgia, not South Carolina. Depending on how much of that winter storm you guys got I would stay you are about three weeks away from significant finds....all depends on your ground temperature. But you are right....everything is really greening up. Good Luck!!!
Yes Sir, Thanks for the reply, I realized that you were probably in the Oconee a little further south after I'd already replied. I reckon I got a little giddy and excited 😃 when I saw Oconee! Thanks again neighbor, Happy hunting!

61 - 80 of 89 Posts