Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

241 - 260 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
That patch had 52 , probably half were in the photo .
WOW! Amazing. I magnified the image and thought I was doing good with seeing 15 different Morels!!

I now understand that was 15 out of 25!!!!!!!

Well . . . now, wait a minute. If in my Black Morel spot I have to go over it 4 times to get 56 Black Morels, maybe that's not so bad as getting 15 out of 25 on a first pass.

Forgive me . . . but I'm going to give myself an: "atta-boy" Ha!

Meanwhile . . .
Happy hunting to everyone!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Found about 20 dead ones myself yesterday here in crawford. However, I had fresh greys pop early this week and found some real nice ones. I still have a few places that haven't pop bigfoots yet that do every year. wounder if they will.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I agree! Cut grass Thur. and went out Fri PM. Cold as hell! Forgot my temp probe, but I feel sure that the soil temps were too low to get them to pop. Found absolutely nothing! No big ones, no little ones, no stumps, no nothing! When I got home I put the temp probe in a shaded spot in my back yard. 49.8* F! Now, after this big soaker, I just looked at Weather Underground and their extended forecast has us in a sunny, warming period, getting back up to around 70. Thank God! I went too the store today and there was a bunch of slush on the lower part of my windshield resting on the wipers. Great! Winter is back! It was seriously trying to snow earlier today.

I'm in NE Ohio, and I've found them as late as 5/23 up here. So, there's still a slim chance of something good happening.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes the forecast for the coming week looks very favorable. I hope you folks up north get a nice bunch of fresh ones. Good luck

·
Registered
147 Posts
Some more found over last 10 days or so in north central Ohio. Crazy weather making em pop fast but go bad fast. I’ll probably get out one more time here soon but I think it’s about done around where I’m hunting. 808 total. Not bad considering usual dog pecker spots produced 50ish all season instead of hundreds like last several seasons. Anyways good luck everyone here at the end of the season hope to see some more fresh ones posted!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Got all my work done around the house, and I am heading out tomorrow! Have to get ahead of the weekenders! This year has been a disaster so far. I'm hoping for a late reprieve!

241 - 260 of 273 Posts