Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well……..it was a bitter sweet day in Brown County. Got the day off so decided to hit the woods for some thunder chickens. Needless to say my area is all tapped out. Found a patch of 45 yellows that were to far gone. 15 of them were so big that Ray Charles could have spotted them a mile away
Plant Natural material Wood Botany Branch
!!! Crummy season overall, but on the bright side I did add another honey hole for the future!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Disgusting. I would have left them behind too. I was hiking in the desert once and heard a rattlesnake; once I saw him coiled up I promptly returned to my car. End of hike. What kind of hideous snake is that, anyway?
Looks like a harmless black snake. We used to have them under the foundation of our building where I work Near Alum Creek reservoir. Once we started mowing the whole property around the building regularly they moved on. Most often they're 3 - 4 ft. long and about an inch or so thick.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Went out today and hunted my butt off! I think morel time is done here. I found one of the late season, "bigfoot" variety that was in perfect condition. But, that was it for the day! It's supposed to be near 90 the next 2 days, and the rain and cooler weather, but I don't think anything more will be happening on the morel front. If i go take a hike, it will just be scouting for the future.

201 - 206 of 206 Posts