Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Luck! Southern Ohio is starting to get some action. Hoping to see some great flushes and big hauls from everyone this year!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good Luck! Southern Ohio is starting to get some action. Hoping to see some great flushes and big hauls from everyone this year!
Nice to hear. Seems a bit early. I'm sure we have 3 weeks or so up north here. May have to take a trip down south. Not sure how that would go over with the stay at home order. Our company just shut down for 2 weeks tho so plenty of time available.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice to hear. Seems a bit early. I'm sure we have 3 weeks or so up north here. May have to take a trip down south. Not sure how that would go over with the stay at home order. Our company just shut down for 2 weeks tho so plenty of time available.
Yup, at least a month till things really pop here in Mich. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sycamore state park is good
Thanks for the tip Denliger. Checked their website and it says they close at 6pm. Didnt know state parks closed at any certain time. I still think it's a bit early even for that area. I'll keep my eyes on the progression maps. Thanks again tho.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ohio at East Fork State Park and Miami Meddows but nothing yet. Walked around 13 miles on the Loveland Bike Trail an scoured the River bottoms an haven't found anything.. We are getting ready to go to Miami Whitewater Park here in a hr or so.. I'll definitely give a update when I get home

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all!

New here and somewhat new to foraging. Anyone have any good areas near Columbus? I have tried a few places over the past two years and have never found the Morels I am looking for, found Ramps at Slate Run but thats about it. Any help knowing where I am allowed to forage and where might be good places to try would be helpful for a newby.

Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello all!

New here and somewhat new to foraging. Anyone have any good areas near Columbus? I have tried a few places over the past two years and have never found the Morels I am looking for, found Ramps at Slate Run but thats about it. Any help knowing where I am allowed to forage and where might be good places to try would be helpful for a newby.

Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Delaware state wildlife area would be a good bet, but its probably a bit early for there. The Great Morel web sit has a progession map that would help you to know when they are finding them in the area. Good luck this year. Keep hunting hard and you'll find what you're looking for.

·
Registered
125 Posts
6A6668D1-AA87-4E08-83EF-E7A1BDFB7E54.jpeg
07AFF1A7-F546-4900-B449-BF7A98435B9D.jpeg
219AA6E1-CA83-4547-BB10-E91D53603A6C.jpeg
B1E79B12-03C7-4B93-AB9A-E4D1C0711202.jpeg
8055DE22-B810-43F4-B823-0B92C1CAFF00.jpeg
F45D60EF-F68C-45E2-BD92-85C415E6C07B.jpeg
17 blacks I picked and I buried dozen more to pick later on April 1st northern Ohio. First woods picture is of area blacks were picked. Went to southern Ohio Shawnee state forest down by Portsmouth for the first time yesterday and could only find one small 2-3” yellow. Tulip trees are just starting to pop there buds so should be good down there in 7 days I figure. Plus ALOT of locals were out hunting too. Found a nice deer shed and a box turtle emerging from soil which is good ground temp sign. Going to be out today checking on the dozen I left in woods here up north close to home and hopefully more have sprouted. Good luck everyone

·
Registered
58 Posts
View attachment 26912 View attachment 26914 View attachment 26916 View attachment 26918 View attachment 26920 View attachment 26922 17 blacks I picked and I buried dozen more to pick later on April 1st northern Ohio. First woods picture is of area blacks were picked. Went to southern Ohio Shawnee state forest down by Portsmouth for the first time yesterday and could only find one small 2-3” yellow. Tulip trees are just starting to pop there buds so should be good down there in 7 days I figure. Plus ALOT of locals were out hunting too. Found a nice deer shed and a box turtle emerging from soil which is good ground temp sign. Going to be out today checking on the dozen I left in woods here up north close to home and hopefully more have sprouted. Good luck everyone
Nice. I can hear them sizzling now. Been having to get my fill from the store. Baby Bellas. Have only found about a dozen blacks in 25 years of hunting northern Ohio, and that was during the big yellow season. They were huge like the yellows.

·
Registered
125 Posts
34E4A0C8-9A91-4FC2-A57E-3A9568267444.jpeg
24D38CEC-65A6-4BBB-A01A-C6B53550B4F0.jpeg
3D133057-198B-48F4-B96E-87E4221C4B1D.jpeg
00F650DB-58D8-43FB-9F65-18DC275640E2.jpeg
B467E7E9-F8A4-424B-B27B-0BE9151C7B0B.jpeg
Nice. I can hear them sizzling now. Been having to get my fill from the store. Baby Bellas. Have only found about a dozen blacks in 25 years of hunting northern Ohio, and that was during the big yellow season. They were huge like the yellows.
didn’t take long this morning and back into them found 7 in about 20 mins in a different spot. Babies I left haven’t grown much at all so they will stay. Need this sunshine today

1 - 20 of 273 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.