Ohio Reported Finds 2018

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by jim33, Mar 28, 2018.

1. JFrench

JFrench Young Morel

Southern Richland county

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  2. Kym

Kym Morel Enthusiast

Finally found some decent ones in Clark county today! Sadly found about 60 small already dead greys Tiny and already decaying. Back at it tomorrow!

Attached Files:

2 people like this.

3. Cody Ward

Cody Ward Morel Enthusiast

There hitting finally. I am on the fulton, lucas county line and found close to two lbs over the past few days. granted, I only get about an hour to spend looking each day. and yeah the blooms are just now hitting our area. down south near columbus, they were in FULL BLOOM last week and we had NOTHING. its so weird this year.

4. Aja

Aja Morel Enthusiast

20180506_121036.jpg starting to come up in trumbull's county

5. John Wasko

John Wasko Morel Enthusiast

Found around 40 in Lake County today. Most found on South facing slopes. Nothing real big but nice quality. Definitely need some rain to really get them going.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    Naturenerd234 likes this.
  6. Naturenerd234

Naturenerd234 Young Morel

Found a bunch of half frees and about 6 blacks in summit county this weekend.

7. Zabz

Zabz Morel Connoisseur

Seems theres no rhyme or reason this season ( in Ohio) as far as it comes to which places are seeing the season start sooner or later. Usually I watch the wave of reports coming up from the South and then start looking a bit early.

This year north and south of me is starting and I'm looking in my spots and there's squat. Rascally mushrooms

8. sb

sb Morel Connoisseur

Franklin County - Central OH
    More Black Morels today making about 35 Black Morels from this particular spot.

Further downstream I found nice sized Ramps or Leeks which I dug and washed right in the stream. Guess what's for dinner tonight?
    DSC04464.JPG

They're hard to miss when they're this big, below. But, I surely missed it on several prior days earlier over this same spot.

DSC04457.JPG

9. hugh

hugh Morel Connoisseur

We found some nice big yellows today in Licking co. Stuffed morels for dinner tonight. IMG_6918.jpg

5 people like this.
  10. shroomsquatch

shroomsquatch Young Morel

IMG_20180505_134858912_HDR.jpg IMG_20170424_190044484.jpg Sandusky county, they're popping, found small yellows and grays, a friend from work who lives 10 miles west of me hit the motherload twice the size of one's my way!!

3 people like this.
  11. sb

sb Morel Connoisseur

Hey Hugh,
    Post a pic and paragraph about your stuffed Morels on this thread or the "Dinner Plate" thread.
    For me it's been several years since I stuffed them.

12. Jomacooso

Jomacooso Morel Enthusiast

No morel today unfortunately. Spent about 5-6 hours walking in the woods today. Lots of ramps some dryads saddle and what I think is oyster? Trumbull county btw

Attached Files:

13. Kym

Kym Morel Enthusiast

I just can’t figure out this season. Fresh baby yellows, small dead ones, huge greys, small dead ones...find one and then nothing!! Been in perfect hunting conditions and hardly finding squat! Another 5 hours of hunting today to find 6 small ones. Seeing reports of fresh ones south and north of me..(Springfield) I just don’t get it! This year has proved to be frustrating....

Zabz and (deleted member) like this.
  14. shroomsearcher

shroomsearcher Morel Connoisseur

Wow! Did that rain on Friday miss you? I know the Indians had about an hour and a half rain delay, and later on we were rocking and rolling with storms down here! Trumbull, Mahoning, and Columbiana counties.

We have plenty of moisture, and temps have finally gotten right. It's time!

15. marengojohn

marengojohn Young Morel

Hilly area near centerburg found a couple dried up yellows seemed hot and dry and greening up fast. Flat lands near Marengo May apples just coming up and got skunked. Fortunately it's raining again.

16. marengojohn

marengojohn Young Morel

What kind of topography? I walked a south facing hillside and found some dried up yellows like your top left in the picture. Flats 6 miles west seemed 2 weeks further behind.

17. jim33

jim33 Morel Connoisseur

Had to work today in Findlay(Hancock County) so hit a spot on break then hit another after work. Not bad for an hour or so.

D4A50730-6119-489F-9424-C4427E1B2C0B.jpeg

18. hakkerman

hakkerman Young Morel

Not a single shroom coming up in Stark County. Looks like this there won't be any coming up this year because of the cold weather. Last year they were gone by May 14. Looking very grim...

19. Mason5

Mason5 Young Morel

Just starting small yellows in Wyandot county

20. Nicholsdave57@gmail

[email protected] Morel Enthusiast

Went out to Greene County today found around 50 yellows and grey.s mixed much needed rain working

Attached Files: