Ohio Reported Finds 2018

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by jim33, Mar 28, 2018.

1. jim33

jim33 Morel Connoisseur

Been out in Hardin County today and just came home to get some lunch. Going to head back out shortly.

8ACF11B1-F6FC-4CF3-BB4D-AFFA5FA2F3CB.jpeg

2. shroomsearcher

shroomsearcher Morel Connoisseur

Don't lose hope yet, hakkerman. I found my first two of the year up here in Mahoning Co. One decent yellow and one tiny new sprout in my most productive spots. This season is late, late, late! And not just for morels, but everything else!

Apple trees are usually in full bloom two weeks prior to this, and they are about halfway bloomed right now. Lots of tight blossoms on the trees yet. Keep looking!

3. shroomsquatch

shroomsquatch Young Morel

Went for an hour in Fremont, found some mid sized yellows, should be bigguns by This weekend!!

Attached Files:

4. Thru hiker

Thru hiker Morel Enthusiast

Good haul today in morrow county. Most are big thug size.

Attached Files:

5. givemeliberty

givemeliberty Young Morel

Found 105 total in Athens County. Only couple grays mostly big yellows. Open flat area haven't checked the hillsides yet.

Attached Files:

6. Lost_in_the_woods

Lost_in_the_woods Young Morel

First year looking for morels in Warren and Clinton counties and I've found only 12 and that was 3 weeks ago. Kind of bummed. I've seen enough pheasant backs to feed an army if they weren't so scary looking lol. I did find these oyster looking mushrooms on some dead ash, can anyone help me identify these please?

Attached Files:

Angel fkc and Zabz like this.
  7. Zabz

Zabz Morel Connoisseur

They look like oysters. You should do a spore print

8. IrishTrish

IrishTrish Morel Enthusiast

Hi all! I'm new here. I have been trolling for awhile though ;) I live at the muskingum -chosocton county line. They yellows are finally popping here. My first decent hull was Friday. Greys and yellows. I'm headed back out now good luck everyone!!

1 person likes this.
  9. thehuntress

thehuntress Morel Enthusiast

Found one monster folded over and several others in Muskingum County yesterday. Several dried out tops, looks like the end of the season maybe here. A couple of our regular spots seemed too dry to produce much this year.

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  10. IrishTrish

the huntress, I fear u maybe right. Spent 3 hours out today nothing. My first time being skunked this year.

11. IrishTrish

the huntress, I fear u maybe right. Spent 3 hours out today nothing. My first time being skunked this year.

12. hugh

hugh Morel Connoisseur

We found 28 very fresh ones around ash and tulip poplar in Richland co. IMG_6983.jpg IMG_6981.jpg

13. John Wasko

John Wasko Morel Enthusiast

Found 107 in Lake County today. Found at least another 30 that we’re too far gone. Most were fresh and weren’t there on Sunday. The rain the next couple of days should make for some fantastic hunting early next week. I figure we have about a week or so left!

Attached Files:

14. shroomsearcher

I hope you're right JW, because what I'm seeing around here has me wondering. I found only two in my usual hot spots. Went out a couple days later, and the little sprout hadn't grown all that much! Also, I found nothing new. I vowed to give it at least 4-5 days before I'd go look again.

We had some rain last night, with more forecast for the weekend. I'll be out early next week and if the results are the same, I'm prepared to call "bust" around here!

15. jim33

jim33 Morel Connoisseur

It’s slowing down in my neck of the woods. Picked about 35 today. Here’s a 8+ incher out of Hardin County from this evening.

2036238E-B838-49DC-A7E3-8B43257C07C8.jpeg

3 people like this.
  16. Nicholsdave57@gmail

[email protected] Morel Enthusiast

Went out to greene county skunked today I think its over here total for the year is at 150 not great

17. shroomsearcher

Better than my 2 so far! I'll make another effort on Tuesday, and if there's nothing happening I'm preparing my mind to call this season a bust! Needless to say, I'll go deep on Tuesday. I know my knees will be screaming at me on Wednesday!

1 person likes this.
  18. LHez

LHez Young Morel

19. Zabz

Zabz Morel Connoisseur

Found these yesterday and a couple yellows this morning. Summit/Cuyahoga county

Attached Files:

20. bluetick1921

bluetick1921 Morel Enthusiast

20180512_130731.jpg 20180512_124533.jpg Found some good ones in summit county this morning