Oklahoma Message Board 2016

Discussion in 'Oklahoma' started by nate, Jan 2, 2016.

1. lilpnkbnny

lilpnkbnny Morel Enthusiast

We get the message mushroom mentor, stop spamming the board.

I must say, this has been my worse year ever. I've found enough to cook up two large batches and halved one find with the ex husband since we coparent that particular spot. Lol!! I'm going tomorrow since we got a fairly decent rain, but if it's a bust, I'm calling it over for my neck of the woods. Johnston/Murray/carter counties have been a real disappointment this year.

2. strokem85

strokem85 Young Morel

What!! Can't be sharing with the ex bunny. Got to take them all and leave him none.

3. old man

old man Morel Enthusiast

Oklahoma have a good season, or sparse?

4. mushroom_mentor

mushroom_mentor Morel Connoisseur

My partner and I have a youtube channel dedicated to mushroom hunting! We share tips and advice on getting started. We will be filming our mushroom finds everyday during the season so at that point it will be a daily vlog series!! woohoo!

We’re also trying to get a group together to do a foray here in MN, so subscribe like, and share. It would also be fun to hear your first morel story! You can comment on my youtube video in the comments section or you can submit a video comment! How cool is that!

We’re looking to meet new people and share our passions, that’s what this is about. Please don’t come if you are looking to judge and be negative. We are positive people who love life and have all kinds of good vibes! If you’ve got a similar outlook then come on down!
    [video]https://youtu.be/W8yNqxbtf04[/video]

5. chris

chris Morel Enthusiast

lilpnkbnny,
    I hunt Carter County, and I got less than half what I normally find... The shroom gods just weren't with us this year... Until next year fellow shroomers.... God Bless...

6. lurkinlizard

lurkinlizard Morel Enthusiast

Yep, I got completely skunked this year. Not even one. I wasn't able to get out as often as I usually can, but you'd think I would have found one or two li'l ones, right? Oh well, until next spring. Have a nice summer, all. :)

7. mushroom_mentor

mushroom_mentor Morel Connoisseur

Just started hunting up here in the midwest! [video]https://youtu.be/tVAEj9RGYJ8[/video]

8. Old Elm

Old Elm Morel Connoisseur

Seriously, maybe you should hook up with some old timer's and learn from them? There is a huge spiritual piece/experience to all this, it's not just some sort of carnival to us.

9. stone morels

stone morels Morel Enthusiast

Does anyone ever find Chanterelles in OK? I think I just found a pocket of them but didn't have a phone on me. I'm located 15mins south of Ada. I'll post a pic when I can. Also not sure if anyone uses this when the morels are gone

10. missourishroommate

missourishroommate Morel Connoisseur

Hey Stone, I have been hearing of chanterelles coming up down that way in the last couple days. Orange or yellow in color and smell like apricots? Wouldn't surprise me if that is what you have. Feel free to text me a pic if that is easier.

Mitch

11. Old Elm

I hope yr into them stone. They are pretty easy to I.D. Can you post us a picture on here?

12. Old Elm

Stone, they grow outta the ground NOT off tree's or wood & don't have sharp defined gills.

]//i.imgur.com/mz3xBYt.jpg[/img]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  13. tonsoffungus

tonsoffungus Morel Enthusiast

Stone and OldElm,

I also found some edible, red chanterelles last year in the Ouachitas near Big Cedar and the AR line. Pretty sure they were cantharellus cinnabarinus. About the same time of year...memorial day weekend.

Just seeing this post as I gear up for 2017 morels. Good luck guys!

14. Okmorels024

Okmorels024 Young Morel

Hey there!! New to the morel seen but would love to have someone show me some good areas to hunt!!