Oklahoma Message Board 2017

Discussion in 'Oklahoma' started by okie shroom hunter, Jan 2, 2017.

1. iwonagain

iwonagain Morel Connoisseur

Rango: I did not believe it myself - this is why I used the CNN.com front page as ultimate proof. Catscratch: They were usually clustered all along healthy large cedars in a line pattern; mainly near the edge of woody areas. I found about the same amount that were past. A sad sight. The worst part is that the ~15 freshies I found on Friday evening (see Saturday's post) were literally 10 feet away from those past ones I found yesterday !! I just did not see them because I remember walking by and then telling myself that this area did not look "morelly enough" (and then turned around). I sure stood corrected by mother nature by missing out on a good 3-4 dozens fresh ones for my silly assumption ... It is a constant learning process !

1 person likes this.
  2. iwonagain

I had the chance to go shopping today and place the receipt on the tupperware as further proof. :) Went today for a little bit and found three IMG_6278.JPG more of freshies.

3. Catscratch

Catscratch Morel Enthusiast

Thanks! I have a couple of spots that fit your description that I'll try this weekend.

4. iwonagain

Try to hit low lying areas that did not flood, preferably near the edge of the woods

Catscratch likes this.
  5. iwonagain

This is the latest I've ever found an edible morel in Cleveland county - Stopped by a very late spot of mine on the way home for about 5-10 min and there she was ! IMG_6294.JPG

6. momycogirl

momycogirl Young Morel

Hello Morchella Coniseur I am taking a trip to Alaska this June and I would love to talk to you more about this. I am a member of Missouri Mycological Society and my wife is on the board. We do a lot of forays etc.

7. momycogirl

momycogirl Young Morel

Hello Morchella Coniseur I am taking a trip to Alaska in June and I would love to chat with you about picking with you. I have a lot of family up there this is the first time I have been up. I am part of the Missouri Mycological Society and my wife is on the board. We do a lot of forays etc. Would like to hear from you.

8. seagle63

seagle63 Morel Enthusiast

I have property is SE Ok, not too far from Paris. Any hunters in that area?

Steve

1 person likes this.
  9. tommyjosh

tommyjosh Morel Connoisseur

Hunted around there a couple times not much luck