Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

461 - 480 of 618 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
126 from the same patch over two days. Creek county
Nice-still little luck in Stillwater area, places that have been reliable in the past. friends are finding a few near Perkins/Tryon area. You mentioned FB group, guess I'm not smart enough to figure out which that is. Clue please?thx

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice-still little luck in Stillwater area, places that have been reliable in the past. friends are finding a few near Perkins/Tryon area. You mentioned FB group, guess I'm not smart enough to figure out which that is. Clue please?thx
Oklahoma Morel Hunters

·
Registered
61 Posts
I’m in northern Arkansas, it got down to 30 last night and is supposed to be in the mid upper 20s Friday and Saturday night! Will those kind of temperatures end the season for us, does anybody know for sure, thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah, but you can’t hide your truck very well!
True and when u ask permission the door closes and the cops show up accusing u of being on drugs try n to get em from landowner cause they’ve never heard of a morel and just going by what they seen on the last episode of cops

·
Registered
87 Posts
True and when u ask permission the door closes and the cops show up accusing u of being on drugs try n to get em from landowner cause they’ve never heard of a morel and just going by what they seen on the last episode of cops
wow...was that you? I saw that episode.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Baahaahaa! That would be my luck!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #474
Looks like it’s still a bit early judging by the ones you found today Iwon. What county was this in?
Cleveland - tomorrow I'll be heading south to a promising new spot and hope to find more. On a year like this (i.e., with below average rainfall; at least in Central OK) I can live with 50-60 in a 2h foray :) - ha and those small greys were found in some of my late spots near town.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Cleveland - tomorrow I'll be heading south to a promising new spot and hope to find more. On a year like this (i.e., with below average rainfall; at least in Central OK) I can live with 50-60 in a 2h foray :) - ha and those small greys were found in some of my late spots near town.
Well, if you’re in Cleveland County and going south, that’s a good sign of things to come I guess?!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #480
The Ray Charles are out - ironically I found most of those near my house lol - my quick hunt in the Lexington WMA turned out to be a near complete bust [about a dozen are not shown as I gave them away to a friend]-
IMG_8155.JPG

461 - 480 of 618 Posts