Oklahoma Message Board 2019

Discussion in 'Oklahoma' started by nate, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Commander concrete

Commander concrete Morel Enthusiast

Have lived here my whole life we more than likely know each other

2. goshawk75

goshawk75 Morel Connoisseur

I have a couple of friends that live about 30 miles south of you in Atoka Co. They don't shroom but I've been thinking about making a visit one of these years during shroom season. I know the area pretty well from years of fishing and duck hunting down there. Do people find many in that area?

3. Snakespringhunter

Snakespringhunter Young Morel

Hey guys I haven’t posted but a couple times, figured I’d give a quick report. Found seven in my early spot, all about 2” tall. They popped in this spot nine days before they popped on the rest of my property. I’m in the south end of Mayes County. Happy hunting.

2 people like this.
  4. iwonagain

iwonagain Morel Connoisseur

Found a couple more babies this evening whilst quickly scouting a handful of my earlier trees out in the woods [central OK]. Looking at the 32F degree days data compared to the last few years relative to my first decent picks, we are still >=7 days behind ('magic' number is near 1100-1200 and we are still near 900-950). If we get some rain with next Thu-Friday's system, I expect them to come out in central OK the week-end after (i.e., 10 days from now).

5. morelmaniac78

morelmaniac78 Morel Enthusiast

You are speaking of heating degree days??

1 person likes this.
  6. J.S.

J.S. Morel Enthusiast

I have hunted Haywood my whole life. L.O.L. ya we probably know each other.. cool..

7. J.S.

J.S. Morel Enthusiast

No partner i haven't had much luck around the Haywood are maybe a handful over the last 10 yrs..

8. Commander concrete

9. Commander concrete

With them initials J.S I already have a few guesses maybe some time when I figure out who you are ya can show me a thing or two about morel hunting this is only my 3rd year

10. iwonagain

iwonagain Morel Connoisseur

3 people like this.
  11. J.S.

J.S. Morel Enthusiast

Any time but i am a hunter more than a finder.

12. J.S.

J.S. Morel Enthusiast

I walked a few spots in Scipio yesterday with no luck.. i am currently out by Crowder this morning but no luck so far...

13. yocham85

yocham85 Morel Connoisseur

I got some spots to check about a hour north of you.

14. J.S.

J.S. Morel Enthusiast

If you need a extra pair of eyes don't be scared to ask.. L.O.L

15. yocham85

Lol I will try to keep that in mind. There is a lot of people who hit the spot pretty hard, you got to just get lucky get get a good mess. Sometimes I go and find nothing but tracks and other times I wonder how everyone just walks right past them.

16. J.S.

J.S. Morel Enthusiast

17. J.S.

J.S. Morel Enthusiast

I know a spot by Checotah that i have had luck at before.. if its close to where your talkin then i would probably trade secrets with ya..

18. yocham85

Maybe the same spot. what direction from checotah? To be honest I would be willing to bet any where up by there would be good just got to look hard.

19. J.S.

J.S. Morel Enthusiast

Maybe 10 minutes north real close to hiway 69..