Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

· Administrator
2,538 Posts
Howdy Nate...
Wade here...
So Very Good to see You up on Here again
And Helping to get Us All Started up...
We will be following in the woods with Yall in your Oklahoma Hunt..
And Likewise Yall come on in with us here in Indiana.. it is So warm here right now that we surly have some Morels and Other Fungi up in some early spots..
Thank You Sir

· Registered
613 Posts
Hey guys! Nice seeing the board coming back to life :) - Having definitely moved back to Europe last Summer it is bittersweet to return to this board as it will always bring me fond memories of morel hunting in the Okie woods. As the rule of etiquette in the Morel foraging community dictates, the secrets of all my best spots came with me to Europe (to the delight of wildlife lol). Wishing you all a bountiful season! With La Ninha still kicking in the equatorial Pacific, the archetype seasonal weather pattern for April should be wetter and cooler than average :).

· Registered
72 Posts
I Won we’re ya at ? Been a hella year thinking back you tore em up under cedars last year! Congrats hopefully even better this year
Hey guys! Nice seeing the board coming back to life :) - Having definitely moved back to Europe last Summer it is bittersweet to return to this board as it will always bring me fond memories of morel hunting in the Okie woods. As the rule of etiquette in the Morel foraging community dictates, the secrets of all my best spots came with me to Europe (to the delight of wildlife lol). Wishing you all a bountiful season! With La Ninha still kicking in the equatorial Pacific, the archetype seasonal weather pattern for April should be wetter and cooler than average :).

· Registered
613 Posts
At least put together a riddle for us iwon to one of your pubivet spots so if it can be solved so somebody at least gets to eat a good mess or 10 haha we had couple mild snoice storms in the last month im hope better this year on my end
Hahaha...Riddle: "in the woods on private land. Most of these owners also do hunt turkey & deer on their land" 😅. I moved to Vienna in Austria but will be moving again in a couple of weeks to London. Morels do grow here in Austria but I will unfortunately be leaving right before the season starts. In the UK, morels can be found here and there but rather sparsely. I'll give it a try nonetheless, you know me hehe...😁

· Registered
151 Posts
Hahaha...Riddle: "in the woods on private land. Most of these owners also do hunt turkey & deer on their land" 😅. I moved to Vienna in Austria but will be moving again in a couple of weeks to London. Morels do grow here in Austria but I will unfortunately be leaving right before the season starts. In the UK, morels can be found here and there but rather sparsely. I'll give it a try nonetheless, you know me hehe...😁
The board will not be the same with out you finding a ton of morels every year. Sorry that you left us. Hope you make it back some day.

· Registered
613 Posts
The board will not be the same with out you finding a ton of morels every year. Sorry that you left us. Hope you make it back some day.
Thank you for your kind words Yocham :). I will for sure make it back to Okie Land in April some day. I was actually supposed to travel this April back to OKC for shroom season but had to cancel because I will be moving (yet again) at the end of March (to London). There are plenty of folks who find & post big hauls in this board (VC, Nate among others) & boards from other US states so I am not worried about that part lol ... Shrooms will keep on populating the thread no matter what haha ....😅

· Registered
72 Posts
Well
Thank you for your kind words Yocham :). I will for sure make it back to Okie Land in April some day. I was actually supposed to travel this April back to OKC for shroom season but had to cancel because I will be moving (yet again) at the end of March (to London). There are plenty of folks who find & post big hauls in this board (VC, Nate among others) & boards from other US states so I am not worried about that part lol ... Shrooms will keep on populating the thread no matter what haha ....😅
ya be safe over ther watch out for that nazi hittler copy cat Putan if he gets away with Ukrain he will keep country collecting till some one stops it war that is

· Registered
62 Posts
We shall surely miss your photos of great bounty, good sir.

In the UK, morels can be found here and there but rather sparsely. I'll give it a try nonetheless, you know me hehe...😁
I've found a handful in Surrey! Here's a riddle for you:

From its hill near rhododenron wood
Is a magical spot where once I stood.
Between the copses and hummocks of moss,
Morchella was hiding betwixt paths' cross.

Climb the tower to see the lay o' the land.
Place London to the right, Channel at left hand.
Your forward gaze shall point you correct
To the spot where once I did stoop to collect.

A special place above farm and heath!
Find your way to the secrets of ___.

· Registered
1,216 Posts
Well

ya be safe over ther watch out for that nazi hittler copy cat Putan if he gets away with Ukrain he will keep country collecting till some one stops it war that is
Ok, OK, I understand frustrations, but this is a JOY board. Kill the politics!
Yes! And I really wish that prather could spell and punctuate a bit better!

· Registered
35 Posts
Any old timers from S. Central OK want to explain what happens to morels after a dry winter and under-precipitated spring? I'm kinda nervous about our upcoming season. I didn't hunt the year after the 2011 drought and have no idea how it would effect morels fruiting. May have to stick close to water and drainages this time.

· Registered
1,216 Posts
Any old timers from S. Central OK want to explain what happens to morels after a dry winter and under-precipitated spring? I'm kinda nervous about our upcoming season. I didn't hunt the year after the 2011 drought and have no idea how it would effect morels fruiting. May have to stick close to water and drainages this time.
I have read that if morel mycelia do not get the proper amound of moisture, an amount that is quite precise, to the "sclerotia" that their mycelium has developed, which are the forerunners of morel mushrooms, that there will be very few, or no, morels that year! It seems like things have to be pretty right!

· Registered
151 Posts
Gotcha no more poli ticks don’t like them when in tha woods either but spelling an punctuation is about as good as it gets for me wait till sapworm goes to chiming in you will really get a load of him. Not in a good way haha joking sappy
Dont let the grammar police get to you if they don't like reading it they can go to another form.

· Registered
72 Posts
I’m hoping this snow we had yesterday will be the corrective solution for a better find than what I scrapped up last year. And we all find as good or better than than any previous years this forum has burn around I d k seems like 14 or 15 was as good as I’ve ever seen well one them years awhile back ¡¿

1 - 20 of 136 Posts