Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
101 - 120 of 136 Posts

· Registered
1,216 Posts
I went back to same spot yesterday and got the ones I left to grow bigger and here is the result. They do grow.😉🤫
It surprised me that some people can still think that they spring out of the ground fully formed. There is far too much evidence against that idea for it to stand! I've witnessed it myself. Just look at my avatar. the big morel on the right was about half of that size when I first found it. But it seemed unique. It was late in the season, and the undergrowth was getting pretty high. It just "glowed" golden in that high, green grass. And when I touched my fingertips to it, it felt so cool and fresh!

So, I left it and came back 3-4 days later, and that morel had doubled in size. And the mushroom to its left, that was not in evidence before, had sprouted and grown to that size! As I said, it was late May, and there wasn't much season left, so I took them. Those 4 shrooms are what I found that day.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone, boy it has been a cold February. I can't believe none of us have even made a post on here yet. Usually everyone is itching for spring and Morels. Hopefully it will be a great season.
My wife and I just moved into a new house and our property has a bunch of morels on it right now. There are many more than I can eat so I was wondering what people do with the extras locally. Is this like a farmers market thing or restaurants or facebook. Any info would be appreciated.

· Registered
26 Posts
Someone hit my best spots this year and I'm gonna say right now if I catch you I'll put a bullet dead center in your fuckin cranium! I take MAJOR PRIDE in my shrooms DONT FUCK WITH MY SHROOMS!
Is this on your own property? Might wanna simmer down a bit before you head out, it’s just a mushroom after all

101 - 120 of 136 Posts