Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
121 - 136 of 136 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Someone hit my best spots this year and I'm gonna say right now if I catch you I'll put a bullet dead center in your fuckin cranium! I take MAJOR PRIDE in my shrooms DONT FUCK WITH MY SHROOMS!
Is it private land? If not it isn't your spot. We have all had someone beat us to morel before however killing someone over a mushroom is pretty stupid, and as KB pointed out it is murder. The great mushroom murder of 2022, think about that for a sec.

· Registered
105 Posts
Someone hit my best spots this year and I'm gonna say right now if I catch you I'll put a bullet dead center in your fuckin cranium! I take MAJOR PRIDE in my shrooms DONT FUCK WITH MY SHROOMS!
[/
Oooops, my bad. Took a wrong turn in St.Louis and got lost and thought I'd do a little shroomin. Didn't know they were yours.

· Registered
1,216 Posts
Hey, it's happened to me several times. Yes, I was disappointed, but I responded by modifying my tactics. I hunt mostly on my fish and game club, and others also hunt there. I'd go out on Monday or Tuesday and find stumps! Plus, I'd find a few that they missed or newly flushed. I figured these folks were hitting the woods on Saturday, Sunday, or both. So, I decided to switch to going out Thursday and Friday. I'm retired, so I can do that! Started finding more.

· Administrator
2,540 Posts

· Registered
944 Posts
Yea just got a bit worked up ...they popped after all...up to 20+lbs. now. Sorry bout that.
morel season will do that to a person. Sounds like your problem is solved. Where you at in Okie? I guess I am asking how far south of the Kansas border, nothing even specific like a county. Those FB folks get all riled up if you won't tell them your county. All I need is a latitude.

· Registered
21 Posts
This dry hot weather knocked my spots in the #[email protected] Y'all still finding them?
It surprised me that some people can still think that they spring out of the ground fully formed. There is far too much evidence against that idea for it to stand! I've witnessed it myself. Just look at my avatar. the big morel on the right was about half of that size when I first found it. But it seemed unique. It was late in the season, and the undergrowth was getting pretty high. It just "glowed" golden in that high, green grass. And when I touched my fingertips to it, it felt so cool and fresh!

So, I left it and came back 3-4 days later, and that morel had doubled in size. And the mushroom to its left, that was not in evidence before, had sprouted and grown to that size! As I said, it was late May, and there wasn't much season left, so I took them. Those 4 shrooms are what I found that day.
They're like me. I'm a grower and not a shower!

· Administrator
2,540 Posts
Howdy Yall...
Wade here 🤠..
I been looking around Our Country and I see that
nate first posted pictures of his finding on March 26th 2022... does that seem like the usual Popp'n time for Yall... We usually begin finding along the Ohio River..🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄
by the 2nd week of April in Indiana

121 - 136 of 136 Posts