1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Omaha 25 mile radius

Discussion in 'Nebraska' started by the twisted ones___, May 2, 2014.

1. the twisted ones___

the twisted ones___ Morel Enthusiast

post your finds if ya like or tips to places in the area.
    just a start.we have been out to dodge park and have found morel twice on the last two thursdayz. we just take an evening stroll and find a handful.. all greys near rivers edge on the south marina gate path. another place is at play gbground park but closer to the pedestrian bridge into the woods is where we found some within five mins and wondered how others may have past them... good luck all.

2. shroomwinkle

shroomwinkle Morel Enthusiast

FOUND JUST UNDER 5 LBS NEAR TWO RIVERS IN ABOUT 3 HOURS AND A BUDDY OF MY FOUND ABOUT 3 LBS IN CUMMING CO I THINK NEAR WEST POINT ON ELKORN

3. the twisted ones___

cool cool, i hadnt been out to two rivers in 2 yrs but have found bags of them there too. i see that you have been having luck and know that you know whats up so ill leave that one to you... ha ha good hunting Mang...

4. shroomwinkle

IT IS NOT A JOKE I'M DEAD SERIOUS ABOUT THE PIG AND THE SHROOMS I WISH SOMEBODY WOULD CHIME IN I LIVE IN FREMONT BUT THE PLACE I HUNT IS IN SAUNDERS CO I THINK MAYBE DOUGLAS GOING TO CALL DAN ROBERTS TOMORROW,DODGE CO GAME N PARKS JUST TO REPORT pig ass pig 220-300lbs not kidden

5. sporeloser

sporeloser Morel Connoisseur

There up around lincoln I found 3 pounds in the last couple days. The yellows were up today. That's the first yellows of the season for me,but the greys have been up for a week around here. So how do you keep the ones you don't eat right away fresh? And how long do they keep?

6. sporeloser

sporeloser Morel Connoisseur

Oh yeah winkle take you bow with you next time I heard wild boar is good eating LOL.

7. shroomwinkle

I KNOW IM A SMART ASS ON THIS SITE MOST OF THE TIME BUT I SWEAR IM NOT JOKING ABOUT THIS THERE ARE PLENTY OF MUSHROOMS OUT THE AND I THINK IT MIGHT BE A RECORD YEAR ALL THINGS CAME TOGETHER LEAST AROUND HERE BUT I'M NOT LYING ABOUT THE PIG LOCATED NEAR LESHARA KIND OF FREAK OUT ABOUT IT THE KIDS WILL STAY HOME THE REST OF THE YEAR AT LEAST IN THIS AREA MIGHT BE HEADED TO THE ELKORN RIVER

8. the twisted ones___

well well back on track... dodge park still provides few to everyone its just hit and miss but can be found, what can you say..
    the river edge south of narrows are still providing... funny some one maked spots with cans but yet to find their way back prolly from a week earlier cuz when hit their trail of cans we just stooped and picked up yellows morel even with a squatter that said he found 1 we encircled hiz camp within margin and resectfully just hunted around him and founds lots, no harm,, we just good hunters ha ha... Wilson Island is now OPEN.... Desoto Kicked a Bagfull with other great hunters around we have to share and work together...no fun hunting grounds that have been raked... heres a great tip if ya really think that all of every conditions are so right that this area has to positively hold morel. just turn your back to this area and take a penny out of you pocket and flipp it over your shoulder and then really try looking for it your bound to find morel and then its on,,,
    good luck and happy Hunting...

9. 0101010101

0101010101 Morel Enthusiast

Wilson Island is NOT open and doesn't appear that it will be this season.

10. kingyoshi2424

kingyoshi2424 Morel Connoisseur

Im brand new to these boards. I have a few questions. Ive never been shroom hunting before so bear with me. Ive heard they can be found near dead elms and such and around creeks or water. I went to heron haven last week and didnt find any. Idk if any of u know where heron haven is? But there is water and all kinds of different trees. Some are dead on the ground or whatever. It was a little dry when I went though so idk if that matters or not? I know we are suppose to get rain tomorrow on mothers day so im not going tomorrow. how do you find the mushrooms under all the leaves and stuff on the ground? Shouldn't the mushrooms be popping up thru the ground cover? I know they arent that tall, but I would think they would be tall enough so they are above the leaves on the ground? Heron haven isnt very known because its back off of a side road not to many people know about. I was thinking for sure I would find 1 or 2. When does mushroom season end in Nebraska?

11. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

shroomwinkie, what shape are they in? Still room to GROW with tight gills, Sounds like you are having one heck of a year. I hope to get north, may have to quit my day job. Not near as much fun. Think I would do ok on the MO. R.. north of Omaha? I love to pick them in bunches like you are. I don't need any specific places, just a seasoned opinion. And hey everyone gets an opinion. I like a little humor on this site, so keep up the smart ass stuff, I live down in NW. Mo. by the way come on down and pick some next year if you don't already. We are winding things up down here this season.