1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

One of those seasons

Discussion in 'South Carolina' started by dclark, Mar 24, 2015.

1. dclark

dclark Young Morel

I've always believed when dealing with mother nature that you can expect 3 good years out of 5. Mega farms with massive irrigation systems and genetically alter seeds and plants excluded. After 2 days in the woods of Edgefield, McCormick, and Saluda counties I can say without doubt this will be one of the best morel seasons we have experienced in the last 5 years. I personally counted over 200 small morels within 100 yards of my truck in each of the 3 counties I listed above. Grab a WMA map and look for tributaries of major rivers or creeks then do the leg work. Look for creek bottoms with tulip poplars and river cane. If you see trifoliate orange trees your in morels just keep looking

2. gandalf65

gandalf65 Young Morel

Thanks for the post, I used to hunt them in Ks before I joined the Military, I have not had one in over 32 years! I landed here in North Augusta 9 years ago, and you are the first person that put out usable infomation for me to start my quest again! If you would be so kind as to let me know when the season here ends, and would I be remiss if I were to look around Lick Fork Lake, and or around Stevens creek I do not expect you to give any hot spots, just trying to get a handle of where to start. Thank you in advance and good hunting!