1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Owen County

Discussion in 'Indiana' started by booboo2009, Apr 27, 2015.

1. booboo2009

booboo2009 Young Morel

I live in owen county and I don't own any of my own land, nor do I know anyone with a lot of land that would let me look for morels there. I was just wondering if there were any good places to go... that you don't have to pay to get into! I am very new at this so any tips for beginners would be much appreciated!

2. thewalkingstick

thewalkingstick Morel Enthusiast

Dude, no one! is going to give up their "areas" look on a map you've got several state parks and rec areas in your vicinity...they're going to be covered in trees! and if you cant figure that out, then sorry to be blunt, you have no business being in the woods. You have more state/public land than my county...come on man!

3. dbutz

dbutz Young Morel

Have a cabin outside of Freedom-not a great season so far.looks like next wk is it for me. Anyone else out there in Owen Co ? If so , how were your your finds ?

4. bloomshroomer19

bloomshroomer19 Young Morel

I'm in Gosport...found 1, yes 1

5. dbutz

dbutz Young Morel

Bloomshroomer19-if this was suppose to be a boom year for shrooms then I lost a lot of bets !!