Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting close to fall, I think we'll see a warmer sept. and are summer finds will continue. Starting to think of fresh hens for the table. Happy Hunting!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steeler it was a crazy day started out in tee shirts and end with light coats. Found chants and trumpets today, along with hens, chickens and honeys. The only thing we brought home was that small bunch of honeys for dinner tonight. Happy Hunting!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hi Kicker - Had you inoculated the chip bed with Wine Cap or King Stropharia mycelium?

I had tried that 4-5 years back and could see the mycelium below surface, but never got it to give me any mushrooms!! I decided my wood chips weren't thick enough, or it was too close to pine trees, or it was too close to the fern bed. Well . . . Hell . . . I really don't know!! Ha.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Beagle - you can slow-saute them in herbs and spices, or slow-cook them in stock. Cook at least 20-25 minutes, more for soup. We've used them for many years with no problems, and I have a sensitive stomach. They are great for headaches and general nervous system disorders/issues.

Trying to carve out time to go out later in the week...haven't picked a mushroom since mid-July.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Kicker - Had you inoculated the chip bed with Wine Cap or King Stropharia mycelium?

I had tried that 4-5 years back and could see the mycelium below surface, but never got it to give me any mushrooms!! I decided my wood chips weren't thick enough, or it was too close to pine trees, or it was too close to the fern bed. Well . . . Hell . . . I really don't know!! Ha.
SB, all the books list them as easy ones to grow. I've had the same results as you have, very hard and never was able to figure them out! Happy Growing!!

1 - 20 of 122 Posts