PA 2018 LATE SPRING MUSHROOMS FINDS

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by trahn008, May 14, 2018.

1. trahn008

trahn008 Morel Connoisseur

Steeler, I have my eye on about 50 Tsuage reishi I'm letting spore out, when I harvest I could sent you some if you don't get any.

Barnacle and (deleted member) like this.
  2. sb

sb Morel Connoisseur

Steeler, I would say or add that the operant word is "yet" as in I saw none like that this year, yet.

Go back there in two weeks and they all will all have grown into larger mushrooms.

I found some at the young stage as most in your pics above -- and every other stage at the same time, (pic below).
    DSC04604.JPG
    I would say that this particular trip was characterized by a greater than normal range of stages at the same time for me than I typically find.

I attribute that to our yo-yo temperatures this spring in OH.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018

3. steelernation

steelernation Morel Connoisseur

Yes, those look like what we normally find. On any given year, we get 50-200#. Neither of our best locations produced anything but the smallest mature ones, whereas last year we got 180# from our best spots, plus a few chance great ones in an area I'd never been in before.

Trahn - luckily, we had such a nice haul last year that we have plenty. I just never pass up chances to check for current, fresh ones. Thanks a lot for the offer! We're still enjoying plenty of trumpets left over from the big pick 3 years ago. And lots of honeys from 2 years ago. Going to do a run through some spots in WV on Friday, hoping for chants, trumpets...chickens?

1 person likes this.
  4. trahn008

trahn008 Morel Connoisseur