Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 395 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A place to post your pictures of your finds. Also include state and county and type of environment mushrooms where found. Happy Hunting!

·
Registered
300 Posts
25050247-4F7C-4AE6-9BAC-5FCB7F2A20FD.jpeg
A3B92939-8625-48BB-BFF7-BEE91AE520FA.jpeg
View attachment 8262 Found these underneath a piece of cardboard the other day. Venango County. Anyone know what they are? Extremely pretty.
I have not been able to “like” this pic since it was posted. Finally seems to be working again. They look like cocktail umbrellas. Beagle I’ve been seeing lots of those gilled mushrooms lately no clue what they are.
I may have spotted a couple trumpets today?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Okay, since a couple of people have been posting photos of reishi, WHERE IS IT in PA??? My two big producing areas in the upper Mon Forest in WV and in the Allegheny National Forest netted me FOUR. With all of the good damp weather and reasonable temps this year, I expected something, but nothing from nothing leaves nothin'...

·
Registered
213 Posts
View attachment 8532 View attachment 8534
I have not been able to “like” this pic since it was posted. Finally seems to be working again. They look like cocktail umbrellas. Beagle I’ve been seeing lots of those gilled mushrooms lately no clue what they are.
I may have spotted a couple trumpets today?
Barnacle that picture kinda sucked but that sure looks like a black trumpet. Get some better pictures and post them please. I'm so jealous!

I found some chanterelle buttons the other day up here in southern MI so it won't be too long I'll hopefully find some trumpets.

·
Registered
300 Posts
B90CE568-A27E-446F-8EFF-A9584A561651.jpeg
C932E627-7394-4A7B-A350-97226A20AE65.jpeg
97BC159D-F27D-4D02-B0E9-D049EEC3DF83.jpeg
Barnacle that picture kinda sucked but that sure looks like a black trumpet. Get some better pictures and post them please. I'm so jealous!

I found some chanterelle buttons the other day up here in southern MI so it won't be too long I'll hopefully find some trumpets.
Celticcurl, it’s been a long day and the “that picture kinda sucked” line hit me just right. Had me laughing! It did suck , sorry I was literally on my knees getting assaulted by bugs and those things were tiny. The pine needles dwarfed them. I’ll recheck in a week if we get rain. My chant patch is due for another inspection. These pics are from last Sunday I think.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Barnacle - IF you get rain...you must not be in the western half of the state, huh :p

Trahn - you know me, hemlock forests are my best friend, right along with oak. In addition to our two biggies, we checked a few lesser spots when in WV, and only the one had any, and just like my two big spots, they were tiny and underdeveloped. My good spots are on public lands, and get picked a little before me sometimes, but not the case this year. They just aren't there in our region. At least we have a lot left over from last year...

·
Registered
598 Posts
Anybody know what these might be? The petals were translucent and the flower had done smell even though not fully open
Gibz, I think they are indian pipes. I see them all over the areas I hunt mushrooms. I saw where they are actually a plant without chlorophyll.

1 - 20 of 395 Posts