Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

21 - 40 of 395 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Mona trope universe flora I believe is the scientific name they are a parasitic flower with no cloraphile and are a medicinal plant supposed to help with chronic pain and other ailments but better research it it can cause severe upset stomach

·
Registered
322 Posts
Not sure about the mushrooms don't have my books with me but I'm pretty sure I have seen it before i think it's an eddible one but i would look into it before harvesting any ill look it up in my books later and let you know what i find

·
Registered
187 Posts
PA - Yes, Berkeley's Polypore. If you get the very outside edges of the plates when they are young and soft, they are edible, but they fall into our category of "why?". I think we've eaten them once, but they were unremarkable-to-bitter. They quickly hit the shoe-leather stage.

The fun in those is seeing how big they can get!

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think this is a russula but I don't know which one it was under a white oak growing on ground white spore print.A lot of them around.
IMG_3554.JPG
IMG_3555.JPG

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think this is a russula but I don't know which one it was under a white oak growing on ground white spore print.A lot of them around. View attachment 8762 View attachment 8764
From what I read, the Russula is also found where the Indian Pipes grow. I'm going back to that spot tonight and will look for them. Trahn said Chants also grow in same area. This is a patch of mature oaks. Pretty level, not necessarily damp. Somerset count

·
Registered
300 Posts
What would be a fair wholesale price per pound for selling my surplus chanterelles to a grocery store? Whole Foods had crappy looking ones from Bolivia or something for $25 lb. last year.

21 - 40 of 395 Posts