Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Dan, I have been running into a lot of this fungus too, I think it might be one of the drawbacks of having a lot of moisture this summer. This summer has been great for all mushrooms though.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Took the inline for a walk today, Found close to 20 hens in a 100 yard radius. I was pretty bummed that all of them were to far gone. 7 around 1 tree alone. Also found 2 hens that were at least 2 feet across ugh. Going to check the other side of the mountain tomorrow hopefully there are some edible ones there.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
pchunter we had a lot of rain up here so I didn't take the gun out. Hoping to check an area that i found hens in other years tomorrow. I have enough froze to do me this winter, Just looking for ones to eat fresh now and also share the wealth some. I hope to find at least a few good ones yet.

·
Registered
144 Posts
We had a good bit of rain but it finally moved out of Perry by 5 p.m. Hoping to find a few more tomorrow before my kids baseball games. I have a good bit in the freezer as well and i will have time to check the Oak stands on the Appalachian trail before my sons game. I will have 1.5 hours to kill after i drop him off. Happy hunting

·
Registered
144 Posts
Beagle, it paid off to walk about 80 yards further up the ridge this morning from where i found the rotten ones yesterday, picked 3 good ones this morning.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
pchunter, all I could find yesterday was jack-o-lanterns, didn't get a chance to look today. I hope to get out with the muzzelloader a few days this week maybe combine a little hen hunting with the deer.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts