Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start it off this year. Few small young hens. They were already starting to dry out and really no rain in the forecast so I harvested them. Also found a few pawpaws. I call that a good evening out. Area was about 15 or so miles east of Pittsburgh. It's still really dry in the woods.
Plant Fence Grass Groundcover Wood

·
Registered
716 Posts
I hope you are right. This summer has really been slow for me in central Pa. No Black Trumpets , very few chanterelles, one chicken. I have been seeing a lot of honey mushrooms starting, but I usually don't harvest them. None of my hen trees are showing any signs yet, I just hope they are late.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I hope your right also. You usually see chickens growing like weeds, yet ive only found a few. And Ive not seem signs of hems yet either, nor any of my work mates that hunt them. Minus a small one here or there. Conditions seem to be favorable in western PA. Keep on hoping and checking.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gave it 3 days from the start of the rain Saturday. Thought maybe a few buds at least. Completely skunked. Will be up on the Laurel ridge this weekend. Maybe there will be something up there. It's usually a later season though. Who knows.....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Gave it 3 days from the start of the rain Saturday. Thought maybe a few buds at least. Completely skunked. Will be up on the Laurel ridge this weekend. Maybe there will be something up there. It's usually a later season though. Who knows.....
Went out to reliable hen spots on Saturday. Lots of chickens; harvested some young ones. Not a hen in sight!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts